bantu knots directions

jamaicangrl_17

can someone help me to explain what bantu knots are. If anyone could explain the techinques to doing it i would appreciate it. also if you had any pics to show the outcome. ThANks
look.gif

JAgrl,
I'm not sure if you were raised in JA but bantu knots is what Jamaican's normally call Chiney Bumps.

I did some recently and posted directions/pictures on the board. Here's the link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat/0/Board/Women/Number/362498/page/14/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/6

I forgot to add that sometimes i secured the bumps with fairly loose rubber bands( the black ones) but I normally don't use anything to secure them.

I think there's another thread that has directions posted. I'll add it to this post if I find it.

I have step by step directions in my transition album.

The password is: In Transition

Feel free to take a look and see if it helps.

No problem Webby,

Great pics Pookeylou,I didn't realize that you had such clear, step-by-step directions. I suggested doing this to your hair while it's wet b/c you shouln't need to secure it with the pins.

Glad they could help.

Even though I do my knots on wet hair...they still wont hold themselves together. Not sure why. I am hoping that as my hair grows longer I will need them less and less.

Back