Bantu knot out success! (PICTURES)

Auburn

I flat ironed my hair last night, put my hair in about 14 bantu knots and kept it in over night while I slept.

The pictures below are from when I unraveled them.

This picture is from when I started styling my hair.
35092_644379047173_11200293_34873943_2537384_n.jpg

For more pictures including various styles, click HERE

Attachments

• IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Kinda off topic but I love your hair in your siggy :love:
Can't wait till I can wear big wild hair again.

Those look great! I'm inspired to try these. Like everyone else said, what products did you use?

For now, I can do a bantu-twist out with decent results...

WOW...those look really pretty. I did mine for the first time last nite too. I washed and did them while my hair was still wet.

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 74
Thank you all ladies.

The key to my bantu knots was flat ironing my hair like you see it in my siggy then knotting it up.

I will try that next time..mine are a little too springy for me but Im gonna rock them for the next couple of days.

Auburn, how often do you use heat? Do you consider yourself heat-trained?

Your retention is amazing for just 2 years. I've noticed quite a few naturals lately who use heat regularly with thick, long hair. I'm kinda scared of heat but single strand knots are keeping me from progressing...Any insight would be appreciated.

Btw, your bantus are fab!

Auburn, how often do you use heat? Do you consider yourself heat-trained?

Your retention is amazing for just 2 years. I've noticed quite a few naturals lately who use heat regularly with thick, long hair. I'm kinda scared of heat but single strand knots are keeping me from progressing...Any insight would be appreciated.

Btw, your bantus are fab!

Once possibly twice a month. Ive been doing this since January 2010.
I dont think my hair is heat trained but I think my texture has loosened up a tiny bit.

The reason why I became a straight natural for most of the time is to decrease friction and single strand knots.

thanks! :D

gorgeous. i'm relaxed and have bantu knotted before with great success except i thought my waves were too tight. you used more knots than I did but your wave pattern is still looser than mine. did you knot the hair loosely or tight?

gorgeous. i'm relaxed and have bantu knotted before with great success except i thought my waves were too tight. you used more knots than I did but your wave pattern is still looser than mine. did you knot the hair loosely or tight?

I did it pretty right. Maybe the fact that I didnt do it on wet hair made a difference.

Back