Bangs Experts, I need your help!

lonei

Hi ladies

I'm sitting under the dryer as we speak after relaxing and colouring my hair. I fancy a change; some bangs, maybe like Megan Goode's or a bit longer is what i was thinking of. I had some long ones 2 years ago which I were ok I guess but I'm not so used to wearing my hair on my face all the time, I guess it will take some getting use to.

I have some questions:

How do I cut them-step by step guides?

How do I sleep with them-pin curl, roller or wrap?

How do you rollerset them after a wash?-I notice some people dont put a roller in that section

What styles can you wear with it?

Do you have to always wear them out without using gel if you want to put the back?

I'm a non-comber, do they always have to be combed?

Any pics or advice?

Thanks and God bless...

which bangs ?

goode3001.jpg

meagan-goode-sundance.jpg

megan_good.jpg

basically the same as above but most are down

hey lonei :) my answers are in purple below...
How do I cut them-step by step guides? i trim my bangs in sections...i just took a section of hair that i wanted to make into bangs, then cut section by section....i didn't cut straight across i was scared i was going to mess something up.....

How do I sleep with them-pin curl, roller or wrap? i used to use heat on them allllll the time so i used to just sleep with them by just brushing them back, but now i'm pin curling or sleeping with a roller.....

How do you rollerset them after a wash?-I notice some people dont put a roller in that section - I use a larger roller for my bangs, they are almost to the top my nose lengthwise so i usually just use a larger roller for forehead coverage

What styles can you wear with it?i like to swoop them to the side and wear the rest of my hair in a pony tail, bun, or hanging straight down, or if i am wearing a rollerset then i'll just rollerset it with the rest of my hair

Do you have to always wear them out without using gel if you want to put the back? i'm slow this morning so i might be answering this question wrong, but i always wear mine out if i wear a bun or a ponytail. i have forehead issues :)

I'm a non-comber, do they always have to be combed? i always have to comb my bangs, or finger comb them at least....mine are really too short so i have to comb them....

Any pics or advice?
here are some pics. they've grown somewhat since i've taken these and i think i'm going to let them grow out....who knows though (please ignore the eyebrows lol)...these were taken a few months ago...

pinkshirtch5.jpg

elevenlv1.jpg

the only advice that i really have to give u is that u maybe have to baby them more if you are wearing them out most of the time like i do....i made the mistake of using way too much heat on them and now they stay sooooo dry....but they still grow like weeds but i can tell a difference between my bangs and the rest of my hair...:ohwell:

also, if you are going to cut bangs, cut them longer than what you may thing you want them. i made the mistake of cutting too short one time and since i am "large of forehead" i was NOT happy :nono:...

hope this helps :)

How do I cut them-step by step guides?

Just use these link as a guide and cut accordingly. For the one you want ... you basically cut a section that is like eye length and then the section next to it start cutting like i would say 1.5 inch longer than the short one. Unlike then you would start your longer layers maybe from the middle of your head and gradually lengthen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62RuCJBbjd8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF9MqPrVvDg
How do I sleep with them-pin curl, roller or wrap?

For shorter straighter bangs, i just used to lay them flat and put it in a ponytail .. but in the direction I wanted them to go - so like a side parted ponytail. When i woke up the next morning and took off my scarf , the bangs would be laying flat and somewhat straightish but still a nice lil curve to it

How do you rollerset them after a wash?-I notice some people dont put a roller in that section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2fq0E6xgM

I dont rollerset my hair but this is just a how-to style.

What styles can you wear with it?

Bangs can be worn with ANYTHING . Love'em. High, low, middle , side ponytails , pigtails, hair down, half up half down .I think they really dress up buns for those who like protective styling - i know you dont lol

Do you have to always wear them out without using gel if you want to put the back?
Nope, they can be easily put back . If you have a hard time laying it flat you can use a clip to clip them back. If they are too short and you wear your ponytails straight back with no part..of course they won't fit in it .., but it shouldn't boof up or anything

I'm a non-comber, do they always have to be combed?
Nope .. you can finger comb them

Back