Banded ponytails, tutorial for ties and hair style

anon123

I put up a YouTube tutorial. It shows how to make the hair ties for the style below and how to put them on. Sorry in advance for the grainy quality. I would be happy to accept donations towards a new digital camera. :grin:

Blow dried hair:

bandedponies.jpg

Twist out
bandedbackpony2.jpg

bandedbackpony1.jpg

If you don't want to watch the video, the summary of the instructions are:

1. Take a hemp cord around 5 feet (152 cm). If it's too long you can always cut it, but if it's too short, you're out of luck.
  2. Slide decorative beads on each end of the cord and knot the end so the beads don't slide off. These are the beads dangling off the ends in the pictures above.
  3. Fold the cord in half and slide large-holed beads onto the double cord. 4 or more, depending on how long your hair is. These are the beads that are actually on your ponytail. Slide the beads down.
  4. Put your ponytail in the loop of the cord. The cord ends are now behind your ponytail.
  5. *Cross the two halves of the cord and bring to the front/top of the ponytail
  6. Slide a bead up and push it close to your hair.
  7. Bring the halves of the cord back to the back/underside of the ponytail.
  8. Repeat from * until you've used up all the beads
  9. Tie the ends of the tie around the end of your ponytail. Tying it in a shoestring bow twice should get it to stay.
Hope that helps someone. Please post pictures if you try it!

That's a nice tutorial too bad I'm horrid at arts and crafts and it's not from lack of trying. You should try you had at a blowdrying tutorial because you're always looks so stretched and moisturized.

Mwedzi been meaning to tell you that your branded style is :gorgeous:. You always got somethin' up your sleeve gurl! :bling:

Thanks, guys.

That's a nice tutorial too bad I'm horrid at arts and crafts and it's not from lack of trying. You should try you had at a blowdrying tutorial because you're always looks so stretched and moisturized.

You don't need to be good at arts and crafts to make these. They are so easy. Just have to make sure you get large hole beads for the ones that go on your ponytail. It takes like 3 minutes to make.

Actually, I do have a bit of a video for blow drying. I'm too tender headed to comb and blow dry at the same time. So I just pull some hair down and blow dry it. It's this video at around 3:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMUwq3X2IE

Back