Question Bald spots

Vraiment

December 2010 I used to put my shoulder length hair into pony tails. Occasionally, I would affix a hair piece to make my pony tail appear thicker. in January 2011 a stylist pointed out a spot where there had been hair breakage. I asked the stylist to cut my hair and she gave a me a cute very short bob.

It is now going to be June. There has been some growth (not as fast as I wanted). I went to another stylist to have my hair straighten and she told me that I should cut off and taper my hair where the spot is at. I think I have been doing a good job covering the spot...(my hair is thick and so it has not been noticable)...and when the hair grows back, I plan to cut it all to even it out. But the stylist told me something that worried me...she told me that it will never grow with my hair that uneven. I don't have much faith in stylists (over the years they almost destroyed my long thick hair) but this has me thinking.

Should I cut my hair around the bald spot...making it all even. Or should I continue to do what I've been doing and just wait for it to grow. When it is at a length that I like, then I'll cut my hair again to even it out.

What do you think?

I'm sorry I didn't see your post back in May. I'm sure you've done something about it by now. Years ago, when I just had breakage at the crown and not alopecia, my stylist wanted to cut the front of my hair short. She then asked the other stylist in her salon. She said definitely not because that would take away hair you currently have to cover the spot.

That seems like what you have been doing all along. I hope you didn't cut it short. :nono:

Back