Bald Spots

ilovezag

Any of y'all ever had or have thinning hair on the sides or bald spots from a relaxer or chemical burn or from braids to tight or wearing pony tails? What works to regrow hair back in those spots? Thanks.:sad:.

Last edited:
wild growth oil help me through a bad hair dresser situation. but before you start using any lotions and potions, wait for your scalp to heal. perhaps during this time you can work on taking your vitamins to heal from the inside while the scalp is healing on the outside.

This worked for me, I lost about a quarter size amount of hair Dec 2006 b/c I left relaxer on.

Hay and researchers recruited 84 people with diagnosed alopecia areata. During the seven-month trial, participants suspended use of topical or oral alopecia medications. Instead, half used a blend of cedarwood (2 drops, 94 mg), lavender (3 drops, 108 mg), rosemary (3 drops, 114 mg) and thyme (2 drops, 88 mg) in a carrier oil mix of jojoba (3 mL) and grapeseed (20 mL). The placebo group used just the carrier oils. Subjects were taught to rub the oil into the bare areas of their scalp for two minutes each evening and then to wrap a warm towel around their head to enhance absorption

http://www.newhope.com/nutritionsciencenews/nsn_backs/Sep_00/hair.cfm

yes! :( I got a terrible burn on the ENTIRE left side of my head when I was 19 at a salon (I should have suied :wallbash:) but MANY years later I'm dealing with brittle and thinning hair in that area....

I use tea tree oil mixes but castor oil directly to the scalp works the best so far.... I also visited my derm :( and use a steroid ointment if it flares up too badly....

my thinning isn't constant it seems to thicken and thin again and I haven't figured out what the triggers are??

aloe vera has worked for me as well....

yes! :( I got a terrible burn on the ENTIRE left side of my head when I was 19 at a salon (I should have suied :wallbash:) but MANY years later I'm dealing with brittle and thinning hair in that area....

I use tea tree oil mixes but castor oil directly to the scalp works the best so far.... I also visited my derm :( and use a steroid ointment if it flares up too badly....

my thinning isn't constant it seems to thicken and thin again and I haven't figured out what the triggers are??

aloe vera has worked for me as well....

Castor Oil is working for me too. i have just been using it for 2 weeks and my bald spot is filling in.

During my transition, my edges suffered from the constant pull of my micro braids...they have since grown back. I used peppermint oil and castor oil on my freshly washed scalp. That did the trick...and patience, b/c when the bulb of the hair is pulled out, that has to redevelop before any hair starts to grow:look:

Yes I used to have a bald spot and I am not sure what caused it but since I stopped relaxing my hair has grown back in that area.

My mom is experiencing this now. She kept allowing her beautician to glue tracks in the front area of her head to make her hair appear fuller. I told her to stop.:ohwell:
If you find something that works, please pass it along. I feel so bad for her.
Im sure it will get better :yep:

I had a bald spot and thinning edges due to weave extensions. I saw someone post a thread about Elasta QP stimulating conditioner and I went out a purchased it. ANyway, I used the shampoo, deep condition with DPR-11 and after i rinsed the deep conditioner out, I applied the stimulating conditioner to my hair for about 5-10 minutes. I see little hairs shooting up in the thinning and bald edges. I still was applyign my jamaican black castor oil to my scapl every other day. However, when I was just applying the castor oil I DID NOT SEE RESULTS. They say that the stimulating line is drying to the hair, but just add moisturizer to your hair when it is wet and a good leave in and you will be ok. I am pleased and I told all my friends about Elasta QP and it is not expensive. This shampoo and conditioner is the truth for my hair. It also helps out during my transition.

jamaican black castor oil worked wonders for me... well that and when I was getting relaxers.... I would only relax my edges every other time instead of with every application. My edges have recovered thankfully !!

Back