Baking Soda and Vinegar Come To My Rescue Twice Today. PTL!

TrustMeLove

SO somehow my phone likes to delete post right when I'm writing it and need to correct a mistake. Anyways......

Yes wash day was really long but wonderful. In short since I am writing this on my phone. I'm home for Christ-mas and of course the shower is clogged and no one has done anything about it for a week. Disgusting I know.

What comes to my rescue after I tried everything else. Baking Soda and White Vinegar. My hair felt a mess I tried to use grease last week on my ends. A no go my ends were so dry so dey. No matter h how much i moisturized daily. So I need to clarify seriously. Ugh what to use?

Didnt'r work on my relaxed hair but lets give it a try Acv and baking soda. Im going to publish this thread now Ill be back to add the details just dont want to lose what Ive written. Thanks.

Well, my scalp was itching and that never happens to me so I worked the baking soda in really well and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I could see the water turning grey Yuck! I never see that when I use shampoo which is like once in a full moon.

My hair didn't feel stripped at all. I than poured the ACV over my head. I used about a large tablespoon to about 3 cups of water. I poured this dose over my head 3 times. I than let that sit for 45 minutes. Omg Omgoodness. My hair was so so soft. Easily detangled. And soft. Those crispy dry ends were gone. Even after my last wash with great conditioners my hair still didn't feel this soft.

Its beautiful. And the reason I let stuff sit so long is because I could. I did the was your hair standing over the bath tub thing...lol HAvent done that in like years. It was interesting.

Well this is definitely something that will be added to my regimen. Oh and did I mention that my texture POPPED! Wow!

4a/b Natural. Has anyone else recently fell in love?

Last edited:
Yes! been using this for at least 3 years to get rid of dandruff and to detangle. I use both of these separately though. Bsoda in shampoo mixed with water. 1 part ACV with 3 parts water in a squeezy bottle for a after wash rinse.:yep:

I recently used the ACV and my hair did feel softer and it did detangle a bit but I never did it together with Baking soda.

I've only used baking soda...which I love. Gets my hair and scalp clean...but without that stripped/squeaky feeling. I can truly tell the difference once I moisturize because it seems like my hair absorbs it so much better.

The only thing is...I *think* it may have loosened my hair a little bit...I didn't notice it until I was reading a thread on here and then I kind of put two and two together. Ever since I started using baking soda (around august) my hair has seemed to get looser in some places. It took me this long to notice it so I don't think it's too big of a deal. It's also way more moisturized so maybe it just appears looser when in reality it's just softer and silkier and therefore easier to detangle. Anyways, that's something to look out for.

Last edited:
Back