Baking Soda and Relaxing/Texlaxing Questions

Ivonnovi

I'm trying to help my DD with her hair care routine.

She has more questions than I have answers right now.

1. She'd dyed the front of her hair blond, and it was way dry when I saw it.

2. I (we) enfluenced her to switch from N/L to Lye relaxer. (according to most N/L relaxers have create a calcium build-up.

3. She was using Aphogee reconstructer (with a blowdryer) start to finish done in 30min. (:nono: my opinion)

4. Spritzed hair with an Aphogee mist , then applied Cantu Leave-in b4 blowdrying.

5. :perplexed Results, dry brittle stand-up hair.

Which brings me to my question. HOW LONG DO YOU USUALLY WAIT TO USE BAKING SODA AFTER TEX/RELAXING?

48hrs later, I had her clarify with baking soda, and then do a 40min ION Intensive treatment, divid her hair into 6 ponytails and allow them to partially "air-dry". (so far so good, the hair feels really soft).

When she wakes up from the nap...(she fell asleep), we'll blow dry and flat-iron. I'm praying for some "swang" to her hair because after the 1st steps her hair stuck straight out if she tucked her chin in.

Did I /or Am I risking further damage to her hair?

Her, Normal texture is Fine Stranded but densely populated hair. Semi-coily & a little dry.

That's a good question. If you're worried about using baking soda to clarify, have you thought about using other things like apple cider vinegar? It does a great job and leaves the hair shiny and bouncy.

As far as being worried about using BS 48 hours after the relaxer, I think as long as you made sure you washed it out completely and deep condition it, you shouldn't have any problems. Keep it moisturized though!

Also, bumping for more responses. :yep:

GG, yes I did consider ACV however I thought that the baking soda "dilution" would be less harmful, and she only had a day or too of buildup on her hair; heck I was praying the BS would not cause any further "signs" of damage.

Back