Baggying leaves my hair limp!

Sassyone

Hi everyone,
I've been a lurker on this site for awhile. My hair used to be dry like the twigs used to create a camp fire. Because of you ladies I've learned some valuable lessons in hair care, and my texturized hair looks good as a mo-flicka. I mean it feels healthy, it shines, and it doesn't break. BUT...but it has no life. It stays limp. I baggy every night and this seems to be the keeping my hair both healthy, and lifeless. I used to have so much volume in my hair. What do you baggiers do to prevent this limpness?

I agree as well. I have only just read on another thread (naturals, how do you wear your hair to bed) that you can baggy with no water and no product, just wearing a plastic cap. I'll try it soon, but this idea may prevent the overmoisturization that it seems you're experiencing.

@Sassyone, Baggying is good, for some, but it can have adverse effects on others, like myself. I have fine strands, and when my hair is wet, it is most fragile, in turn I try not to wet my hair as much as I can get by, without doing so!

It sounds like you've weakend your strands, and like the previous posters stated, Protein is in order! and maybe cut down on the baggying, sounds like you may have a Moisture-Overload, which can be just as detrimental as a Protein-Overload!

I'm relaxed and you can visit the baggying thread in my siggy and learn more but what I do is -- moisturize at night (a nickel size for the entire head and I'm right around APL) and seal in the morning. I poke holes in my baggy to keep down the moisture. Not sealing at night also keeps moisture down. The baggy magnifies the moisture you apply so apply your moisturizer lightly. Overapplying the moisturizer will also cause wet hair by morning which then can translate into limp hair. I find that moisturizing with a thicker moisturizer (Bee Mine Balanced Moisturizer) works better for keeping moisture down by morning than a glycerine/water based (Scurl).

Thank you all for this fantastic feedback. Sorry it took me so long to reply--I thought I'd get an email or something notifying me of ya'lls messages but umm...I did try a protein treatment. My hair looks better for now. Problem is I'm addicted to JBCO and baggying like whoa. My hair is so shiny and healthy! But I might try baggying less and see how that works.

have you tryied just baggying the ends? Pull your hair in a pony and put your jheri juice cap over the end of the pony.

^^:yep:

Or have you thought about baggying w/o products? I have fine strands and I prefer to baggy with nothing on my hair.

Back