Baggie Methoders: Do you Baggie Wet or Dry?

tryn2growmyhair

I am still trying to do this challenge, but I do not want to break my hair off. My hair is 4a/b, soft and fragile and breaks easily -- I cannot even rollerset every week (let alone blowdry) and hope to retain length. Therefore, I'd love to know if you baggie with wet or dry hair and, if so, why. I am wondering if I should allow my hair to dry before putting it in a baggie. (I baggie with oil, my hair hates S-Curl)

I baggie wet. I put my hair in the ponytail in the shower and then baggie when I get out. Since starting my transition, my hair prefers to be handled wet and conditioned well. It's much easier for me that way. If I do anything with almost dry or dry hair that hasn't been straightened, I could have a potential disaster on my hands.

Both! When wet I use vaseline. It's da bomb! :)

When dry I use oil.

A lot of peole have been saying they can't use s-curl to baggie. I think originally olive oil was being used in everyone's baggie.

I do it wet. It's just been easiest for me to do it on wet hair--I do just apply my moisturizer/oils on wet hair and tie it up. I also think that it provides more moisture, so I prefer it.

chicamorena said:
I do it while my hair is dry. If I do the baggie on wet hair, I get breakage.

I do it this way also. When I would do it wet I would get breakage and never understood why, until I read a post about some hair types not being able to handle excessive moisture.

I do mine wet but am a little confused whether I should do it dry. When I do the baggie method while wet when I take off the baggie it is still wet and I will see one or two strands on the baggie and one long strand on the scrunchie. Should I just airdry first and then baggie when dry? Please help

Those of you who baggy dry could you please give us your step by step procedure? How much moisture you use, etc? Thanks in advance for your response. I am thinkining that I have the hair type that cannot baggie wet.

tryn2growmyhair said:
Those of you who baggy dry could you please give us your step by step procedure? How much moisture you use, etc? Thanks in advance for your response. I am thinkining that I have the hair type that cannot baggie wet.

I first wash my hair and then put it in a ponytail to airdry. Once it's dry, I add whatever moisturizers I use to my hair and then put it in a baggie.

Champagne_Wishes said:
Oh wow I was doing mine bass ackwards. I haven't washed my hair but I soak my ponytail in S-Curl and seal it with an oil. DOH!!!

It can be done this way to. I usually wash my hair every 3-4 days and leave my baggie on my head until the next wash. However, if I feel that I need to remoisturize my hair, then I will do something similar to what you do.

I've only done the baggie on wet hair right after I wash it and deep condition I put it into a ponytail and baggie it up. I leave the baggie on for the next four days until I wash again and start all over again.

I still have yet to find out what the baggie is. I've tried sifting through previous posts but I still don't know much about it. Is it some kind of deep conditioning treatment or something???

dreemssold said:
I do it wet. It's just been easiest for me to do it on wet hair--I do just apply my moisturizer/oils on wet hair and tie it up. I also think that it provides more moisture, so I prefer it.
I agree! :) When I put my baggie on while my hair is wet it seems that once I check it after a few days my hair is still moisturized.

Well, I did my first Baggie Method (I was going to just type BM until I read it :ohwell: ) :lol:

Anyway, I did my first baggie method last night and I guess I can say I did it on wet ends. Meaning, I made a concoction that is 75% water, so my ends were wet when I put it in the baggie.

Wet. After all the leave ins etc. Although I try to squeeze excess water out. I'm natural and cannot style my hair without it being soaking wet. Fortunately I haven't received breakage, but I need to find a way to manipulate my hair less, I can't sleep with the baggie on so I CO wash daily and re-bag daily. Incidently the baggie method, I find, works just as well without oils or grease/vaseline. I only use my detanglers and leavins.

Back