Bad Remington WET 2 Straight Experience.....

Out of total frustration I made a mistake two days ago and allowed friend of mine to straighten my hair. She insisted that Remington wet 2 straight was perfectly fine to use on natural hair and I looked it up here and there was nothing on it. (My friend has 3B/C texture)

It was the most painful experience ever- i mean up there with a domincan blowout. My hair was straight pretty much apart from my roots but the detangling was horror. Now my hair is straightened and I can visibly see the shaft damage (high up the shaft :() and major split ends. My ends are still pretty blunt and healthy but I am sure when this baby starts to grow out its gonna look like a hot mess. I just got a major cut from a scissor happy family member (bra strap to shoulder length) and I am not in mood to go and get rid of everything now. Would it be better to wait it out with no heat and throw some braids regime until spring or just straighten again and trim it out.

PS. I have dusted but I feel there are so much more left that I cannot see.

I am so sorry this happened to you. If I were in your shoes I would go with your second suggestion and wait it out. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some solid advice. HTH

carribean_dream said:
Out of total frustration I made a mistake two days ago and allowed friend of mine to straighten my hair. She insisted that Remington wet 2 straight was perfectly fine to use on natural hair and I looked it up here and there was nothing on it. (My friend has 3B/C texture)

It was the most painful experience ever- i mean up there with a domincan blowout. My hair was straight pretty much apart from my roots but the detangling was horror. Now my hair is straightened and I can visibly see the shaft damage (high up the shaft :() and major split ends. My ends are still pretty blunt and healthy but I am sure when this baby starts to grow out its gonna look like a hot mess. I just got a major cut from a scissor happy family member (bra strap to shoulder length) and I am not in mood to go and get rid of everything now. Would it be better to wait it out with no heat and throw some braids regime until spring or just straighten again and trim it out.

PS. I have dusted but I feel there are so much more left that I cannot see.

I would suggest to seal it as much as you can and wear it up.

Wash it, give it a deep conditioning (mix of protein and moisture more on moisture) and do not use heat on it for a while. Also wear it in protective styles for a few weeks.

I had something similar happen to me the last time a had a Dominican blowout she didn’t even give me a roller set jus blow-dried it straight with those hot blow-dryers and my ends were not looking to cute afterward, one of the reasons I stopped going. I jus stopped using heat on it for a few months and I dusted it every few weeks. My ends look A LOT better now.

Back