BACK TO A RELAXER..........

jamisses

BACK TO A RELAXER.......... OPINIONS PLEASE

Here is my story..........

Since about 2000 I had been getting a perm up until about Feb. of 2004.. I went to my regular stylist to get a touch up ,i got them about every six weeks. Except for this time he overprocessed my hair , and it left the middle part in the back of my head about 1/2 in. long. Ever since then i vowed to never get a perm ever again .

Until now , i am seriously considering either a texterizer or another relaxer.. This is where i need your opinions. I would consider my hair to be a 4a texture. I don't want my hair to be bone straight.I had it bone straight and i think that it made my hair very fragile. I want keep some of the texture, but get rid of most of the naps. The hair on the nape of my neck is already thin and softer than the rest of my hair and i don't think i wantperm that part, for fear of it falling out...... OPINIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE .......TIA;)

Last edited:
Re: BACK TO A RELAXER.......... OPINIONS PLEASE

Well I'm sorry to hear about your hair issue. I'd suggest for you to kick your stylist to the curb...she obviously doesn't take giving a relaxer too seriously. find a good stylist to relax your hair, if you choose to relax again. If you find a stylist to relax your hair and use the chemicals right, then you hair should not fall out. And only get touch-ups every 8wks and you will see your hair improve, then try to stretch further and further. i'd suggest for you to read posts on this board about various straightening techniques and decide for yourself. for instance lye relaxers, no lye, texturizers, etc etc. Be serious about moisturizing and finding the right products for your hair whether it's drug store or salon brand. Also, make sure you are taking care of yourself...drink lots of water and take at least a daily vite. It sounds like your hair is really fragile, so i'd reckon you'd need it. good luck on your hair journey....

jamisses said:

Since about 2000 I had been getting a perm up until about Feb. of 2004.. I went to my regular stylist to get a touch up ,i got them about every six weeks. Except for this time he overprocessed my hair , and it left the middle part in the back of my head about 1/2 in. long. Ever since then i vowed to never get a perm ever again .

Until now , i am seriously considering either a texterizer or another relaxer.. This is where i need your opinions. I would consider my hair to be a 4a texture. I don't want my hair to be bone straight.I had it bone straight and i think that it made my hair very fragile. I want keep some of the texture, but get rid of most of the naps. The hair on the nape of my neck is already thin and softer than the rest of my hair and i don't think i wantperm that part, for fear of it falling out...... OPINIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE .......TIA;)

Re: BACK TO A RELAXER.......... OPINIONS PLEASE

jamisses said:

I stopped relaxing in Feb. 2004 too. Weird... but anywho the lady cut off all my hair too, I was not happy. But maybe you should stick with a texturizer. I have on now, and I'm pretty happy, even though I'm in braids right now (I keep checking how long my hair is, so I needed a distraction. lol). But make sure you research, research, and research some more before you make the decision. That's what I do when I'm considering a change for my hair, it'll help you make a decision. The search function is my best friend :D

Back