Back on Track w/ My Korean Stylist!

Bella_Atl

It's good to be back on track! Back in March I went in to this Korean hair salon near my house to get bangs cut. I wanted wispy bangs and nobody could seem to do them right. So I figured hey if anybody can do bangs Asians can do bangs. And I was right!

So I went into the salon. It was all Korean women in there but Teena Marie was playing in the background. Okay:rolleyes:? So I sat in Susan's chair. She cut my bangs exactly how I wanted them. And then she looked at the rest of my hair and said. "You have split ends. You need a trim" Oh hell no, here we go. I told her no that's okay. I got a really bad hiar cut a week before Xmas and I was trying to grow it out. And of course she replied "It's not going to grow with split ends."

So I decided I'm going to let her trim one little section and if I don't like what I see it's a wrap. She gave me a mirror to watch. Now here is why Susan is a keeper! She sectioned my hair, trimmed it, then twisted it and pinned it out of the way. She did that with each section. She didn't go over my hair with the scissors and clip clip clip. Then after she took all of the pins out she dusted...DUSTED.. the ends to make sure it was even!

So now I get my hair trimmed every 12 weeks 1/4 inch! BSL I'm 2 inches away! Kinichiwa Susan!

Remember this fiasco a week before Xmas 2009? Aaargh!
picture.php

Back on Track June 2010!
picture.php

Last edited:
I remember your other post :yep:...your hair looks really good. Susan is definitely a keeper, the guy that trims my hair is Asian too and I always leave satisfied.

Same here. My lady is Korean. She cuts my sew in and i will let her cut my natural hair soon, after I straighten for the first time.

Glad that you found someone that has your interests at heart, that's always nice.

Dont say konnichiwa to her though, lol. If she's korean, say "annyonghaseyo."

Heehee, konnichiwa is japanese, girrrrl. Don't offend her now! :lol: But I'm glad you found a stylist who is a keeper.

I remember your post around xmas....its so good to see you back on track bella!!! Your lucky enough to have found a good stylist! This should really help in your journey :)

Your hair looks great! What hair salon do you go to? (I'm assuming ur in Atlanta based on your name lol)

I live in Johns Creek now. It's right off of Abotts Bridge Rd and 141. I can never remember the name, but it's right next to the H mart. Which is a huge Korean supermarket. I'll look in the morning and PM you.

Glad that you found someone that has your interests at heart, that's always nice.

Dont say konnichiwa to her though, lol. If she's korean, say "annyonghaseyo."
pronounced "ahn-ya-say-yo" :)

No wonder everybody bust out laughing. I thought they were impressed with my Korean!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
hit 'em with that next time. ;) foreigners are typically endeared when you try to learn to speak to them.

What would you say is the difference in your regimen that brought about the change in the condition of your hair?

What would you say is the difference in your regimen that brought about the change in the condition of your hair?

I've added coconut oil to my regimen. I discovered that on this board. I seal my ends with it every night. I have retained a lot more growth! I henna with just coconut milk but that coconut oil seals your ends AND it's a great heat protectant.

After I henna I use it as a hot oil treatment, and sometimes I saturate my hair and sleep in it. I have tossed or given away all of my deep conditioners. I don't use cones anymore either. It kills the frizzies too.:grin:

Back