Babyliss hard hat hair dryer

pebbles

Hi ladies,

Does anyone on the board own one of these hair dryers?
I'm really thinking of taking the plunge and getting one.
The one I own now, a hard hat dryer by Gold N Hot, is driving me crazy. It's hard to sit under the thing because the front comes down more so than the back. It's a pain!
Ever since one of our moderators, SVT, mentioned it on a post, I've really been thinking about it. It's so expensive though! But worth it if drying my hair doesn't have to be such a traumatic experience anymore. If anyone owns one, can you tell me how you like it?
Check out the hair dryer and let me know what you guys think. I might get it as a gift to myself for christmas. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Babyliss Conair hard hat dryer

I don't have this type of dryer, but if you're near a Sally's, they have these (another brand, I think) on sale periodically for $99 from $129.

I agree with Tee. A while back I was considering purchasing one too and found out that Sally's can order one for you and not charge you shipping for it. In fact, there was one on sale for $89 back in September.

I purchased the Babyliss, but I took it back. I found that my head was too big to fit under it with rollers. The hardhat itself is very very small. I felt that, I would spend far too much time under the hood dryer trying to save pennies, so I purchased the huge $179.99 beehave appearing hooddryer. It dries my hair on low temp in 20-30 minutes.

posted by pooh123
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
---A while back I was considering purchasing one too and found out that Sally's can order one for you and not charge you shipping for it.---

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know Sally's would do that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I could have them order one and then I'd have the chance to inspect it up close. It's hard to tell the dimensions online.

I was surprised myself. Sally's has salon equipment magazines that they can give you to browse through if you ask for one. The lady at Sally's told me it would only take two days to three days to get the dryer after she ordered it. Of course, I couldn't afford to order one! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I purchased the Babyliss, but I took it back. I found that my head was too big to fit under it with rollers. The hardhat itself is very very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that. That's what I wanted to know. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, it has to be worth it.
The beehive hair dryer that you have now, how do you like it? I noticed you posted the drying time for your hair at 20-30 minutes on low temp. Is it a stand-up like the babyliss? I really like the mobility possibilities of that dryer. I can use my computer while drying my hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pebbles:
I have the hard hat dryer by Gold N Hot, and was also frustrated with it in the past. But what I found is that it helps to put books or magazines underneath the bottom front of the dryer to elevate it. That way the front doesn't come down so far. I also had problems with it because didn't seem to dry my hair evenly, it seemed to dry the front a lot faster than the back. To work around that problem, I sit underneath the dryer facing the opposite direction, my hair dries evenly and usually takes about 35-45 minutes to dry.

To be honest with you Pebbles, I spent nearly $200 for it, but it was the best investment ever. Yes, it's made just like the Babyliss, but the hard hat's different. Actually, while I'm drying my hair, I'm often on the computer or watching television. The hard hat, you can tilt forward/backwards, the stand's adjustable and it rolls with no problem.

I say go for it. In the long run, you'll save plenty of money.

Simone, I hate that hair dryer and have the same problems you have with it. I can't keep flip-flopping around to dry my hair anymore. It's driving me crazy!

AmilLion,

I'm going to get it for myself as a Christmas gift this year. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks ladies for all the input!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back