Babyface Pure Protein (not The Singer) :)

Ugh, she's still hyping (and misspelling) her overpriced collagen concoction...

I don't knock her hustle. She started on eBay and is now sold on amazon. But she simply repackages (and markets) products that are available elsewhere for much less. She came over to this forum years ago when she started selling on eBay to lecture me for question the value (cost per ounce) of her product. (Will look for the thread tonight to link it here)

UPDATE: Here's the link
https://www.longhaircareforum.com/threads/babyface-collagen-hair-repair-alternative-to-bkt.431850/

I just turned around and bought collagen powder from "making cosmetics" for way less than $10 haha

@IDareT'sHair this product performs the same function as the neutral protein filler (which is keratin and wheat protein), and it has the same active ingredient (collagen) as aphogee 2 step.

Last edited:
Pure Protein Treatment for Damaged Hair & Keratin Repair, 1.0 oz.

Ingredients: Water, Hydrolized Collagen, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

They misspelled hydrolyzed. :giggle: $20? I would mix my own out of principle alone. Also, I would try Green Beauty Protein sample first, since I will get 3 ozs for $9.

I'm very new to my healthy hair journey... and so appreciative of this advice. I'm a little confused...why did she post that "review " as if she has no personal gain?? It seems so deceptive and underhanded!

I don't knock her hustle. She started on eBay and is now sold on amazon. But she simply repackages (and markets) products that are available elsewhere for much less. She came over to this forum years ago when she started selling on eBay to lecture me for question the value (cost per ounce) of her product. (Will look for the thread tonight to link it here)

I just turned around and bought collagen powder from "making cosmetics" for way less than $10 haha

@IDareT'sHair this product performs the same function as the neutral protein filler (which is keratin and wheat protein) and has the same active ingredient (collagen) as aphogee 2 step.

Thank you much for your advice! I'm a hair health NB! I have become a bit of a product jumky and will swoop down on almost anything! Lolol. So glad you ladies are here for us amateurs!! My last comment was for you! About her practices being deceptive and underhanded.

Hugs and peace y'all! You rock!

UPDATE: Here's the link
https://www.longhaircareforum.com/threads/babyface-collagen-hair-repair-alternative-to-bkt.431850/

@IDareT'sHair this product performs the same function as the neutral protein filler (which is keratin and wheat protein), and it has the same active ingredient (collagen) as aphogee 2 step.

Does the collagen powder mix well with your conditioners if you use it that way. Have you seen a change in your hair?

@Destiny9109 you have to dissolve it first. Then you can either mix it into a conditioner or use it in a spray bottle as protein struts like aphogee green tea (very dilute! Like a tsp in 16 oz water). And I guess it works, my hair only breaks when I stop using it.

Edit: "protein spritz", not " struts". Sorry, autocorrect is evil (on my iPad)

Last edited:
@KenyafromCT take it easy on the products and procedures! If you want to grow your hair, save money and stay sane, keep it simple! When it comes to products, there's no such thing as a silver bullet.​

Back