Baby, Why do you...

dreysonsmommy2011

wear your hair in "bald headed" hair styles? This is what my SO asked me about a week ago. Well, this morning I was doing my hair and he asked me what was I doing? I replied,"putting my hair in a bald headed hairstyle':grin:
He said that I wear my hair as if I don't have any and that he knows I am not bald b/c he has seen my hair down before. Ladies, I just can't really think of any hairstyles other than my beloved bun and besides I'm not going to reach armpit length wearing my hair down everyday! Has this happened to anyone else?
I guess I'll do a rollerset with my beloved caruso's so that way my hair will be out and I can still hide my hair until April Fools(for just one day of course);)

I have the same problem. I want to retain length so I stick to my daily bun. But it isn't as nice as I would like my hair to look. I have been considering on of those instant weaves/half wigs lately. That and a rollerset. One of the 2 will save me from this rut I'm in.

Yea, i'm beginning to not like my bun so much anymore. I wanna see some albums with some creative updos that take as little time as possible and look as cute as you spend a lot of time on it. Wouldn't that be great?

I am testing the water with wash n go's. I have been searching people's fotkis to see there wash and go method. I am still searching for some good products that work for my hair type...

:lol: Yeah, i dont know any Sig. O who actually "prefers" the bun over the hair down. If i were you, i'd just explain that its necessary that you bun daily, in order to retain ure length and yada yada. Just assure him that it will be SO worth it in the longrun, if he can just temporarily sacrafice his desire to see ure hair out.

In a years time or so, when he is running his fingers (gently) thru ure silky WL hair, he'll be grateful that he was patient!!! :p Meanwhile, maybe u can treat him to seeing ure hair a couple of times a week (Friday and Saturday?) by wearing it out then. A couple of days down wont derail ure progress. Thats what i do! :)

God's Anointed said:
Yea, i'm beginning to not like my bun so much anymore. I wanna see some albums with some creative updos that take as little time as possible and look as cute as you spend a lot of time on it. Wouldn't that be great?

yep, that would be great! I just don't like manipulating my hair. To be honest I don't have time( going to class 6 days a week and working 5 days a week:eek: )

KiniKakes said:
:lol: Yeah, i dont know any Sig. O who actually "prefers" the bun over the hair down. If i were you, i'd just explain that its necessary that you bun daily, in order to retain ure length and yada yada. Just assure him that it will be SO worth it in the longrun, if he can just temporarily sacrafice his desire to see ure hair out.

In a years time or so, when he is running his fingers (gently) thru ure silky WL hair, he'll be grateful that he was patient!!! :p Meanwhile, maybe u can treat him to seeing ure hair a couple of times a week (Friday and Saturday?) by wearing it out then. A couple of days down wont derail ure progress. Thats what i do! :)

He understands completely! (I broke it down to him this morning) He is very supportive of my hair goals. I think I am going to take your advice and wear my hair out probably once a week(rollerset until April) just for him
Girl, I'll be glad when I do have that silky WL hair:grin:

KiniKakes said:

Get yourself some twinkly hair decorations, do an upsweep or french roll with some loose tendrils, so pretty in my opinion.
An aside.........KiniKakes, the cutest photo of you yet.

I couldn't take the bun any longer and neither could my man. So I went out and bought a fall and a phoney pony. So I can still bun and baggy and he can see some hair.:grin:

:lachen:as soon as I read this! Glad I'm not alone! I wish my BD (lol, don't judge!!) would realize that if I were bald my bun would not be that full! Sheeeeessssshhhh! I won't wear my hair down for probably ANY event before I get another 3 inches!! Maybe 4...

Back