Ayurvedic Powders: Can they replace my Bi-weekly protein treatament?

*Muffin*

Currently I do a protein DC every two weeks using Aubrey Organics GPB. I've read online that a lot of ayurvedic powders have a strengthening affect on the strands and act like proteins. I was thinking about buying Shikakai and Amla powder online (I already have Brahmi) and using them bi-weekly instead of my AOGPB. Is this wise or is it a crackpot idea? Don't let me mess up my hair, girls :grin:!

P.S. My fingers must have lost their sense because I spelled treatment "treatament" :lachen:. Please ignore that typo :grin:.

Last edited:
It's true, all the Ayurvedic herbs strengthen the hair/roots in some way, but I am still able to incorporate protein in my routine. IMO, Henna seems to be the closest thing to duplicating the strength from protein:yep: Not only does it strengthen, it coats the strands as well. Leaving them almost rope like, until it eventually washes out. You might want to try adding a spoon to your mixtures.

I still do my protein treatments as well and I add Fengureek to my powder mixes. It is a natural source of protein but is also very moisturizing.

I think I'll follow your advice, ladies. I won't eliminate the protein from my routine. I will continue with my Bi-weekly treatments. I DC twice a week anyway, so I'll try to use my powders on the days I use my moisturizing DC, before I DC. I was even thinking of using the powders weekly.

Same here I add the powders to my dc mixture which consist of a moisturizing and protein conditioners....my hair is doing good, feels real strong though.......but my shampoo and conditioner has protein in it, so I might switch a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner......I don't want to over do it. I think it will be ok, but don't overload on protein though........

Back