Ayudame (Help Me) Moisturize my situation

cocoberry10

Ladies, it seems like no matter what I put on my hair, it won't moisturize it lately. This has been going on for at least 2 months. My hair seems to be rejecting all the traditional oils and water based moisturizers I put on it.

What could be the source of this problem?

Ayudame:lol: Gracias!

Ladies, it seems like no matter what I put on my hair, it won't moisturize it lately. This has been going on for at least 2 months. My hair seems to be rejecting all the traditional oils and water based moisturizers I put on it.

What could be the source of this problem?

Ayudame:lol: Gracias!

Have you clarified recently? I know buildup can cause the hair to react differently to/ignore staple products.

You may want to try a clarifying shampoo before your deep conditioning treatment. Also, you may want to try deep conditioning on dry hair (mix a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment (ex: Kenra MC) with a little EVOO or coconut oil and deep condition with heat for at least 15-20 minutes then wash (concentrating on your scalp) but only wash once. After, add leave-in and seal with oil.

HTH :~)

I recently have been using butters to my regimen and I finally have moisturized hair. This winter did a beating on my hair and it was very frizzy. I use avocado butter and I love it. I either put some in my conditioner and use it as a deep conditioner. Or I use it on dry or straight hair the same way you would shea butter.

If you have fine hair be careful because it can be greasy if you use too much.

Is there a possibility that your hair is protein deficient and/or porous?

Both of those are/were the case with me. Before I started using protein regularly & doing ACV rinses consistently, my hair would never stay moisturized. Practically all of my hair would be dry not long after I finished washing it. When I would section my hair to twist it for a twist-out, that section would be dry before I finished the twists--even if the section wasn't very large.

Last night, I sectioned my hair to twist it for my twist-out & all of my hair stayed moist--down to the very last section. That never used to happen. Plus, I started twisting my hair between 8 & 8:30 p.m. & I finished twisting it at almost 11 p.m.

Everyone has pretty much already said it. I agree that you should try clarifying your hair and see if product buildup is keeping your hair from retaining moisture.

Have you clarified recently? I know buildup can cause the hair to react differently to/ignore staple products.

Honestly, I can't seem to get rid of the gunk in my scalp, no matter how hard I try. Maybe that is the problem. I've used clarifying shampoos and all they do is cause my hair to tangle terribly, no matter how hard I try to keep it on my scalp.

You may want to try a clarifying shampoo before your deep conditioning treatment. Also, you may want to try deep conditioning on dry hair (mix a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment (ex: Kenra MC) with a little EVOO or coconut oil and deep condition with heat for at least 15-20 minutes then wash (concentrating on your scalp) but only wash once. After, add leave-in and seal with oil.

HTH :~)

Thanks for this tip.

Honestly, I can't seem to get rid of the gunk in my scalp, no matter how hard I try. Maybe that is the problem. I've used clarifying shampoos and all they do is cause my hair to tangle terribly, no matter how hard I try to keep it on my scalp.

Are you relaxed or natural? Have you tried washing in sections? Washing my loose hair has been a breeze ever since I started doing this. Details here: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/shampooingnatural.html

Try adding baking soda to one of your moisturizing shampoos like Creme of Nature. When I do that it removes the majority of the gunk from my scalp without completely drying out my hair. I apply it as I would if I were greasing my scalp.

Back