Awww...little kids like my hair!

WomanlyCharm

Went to an elementary school today to give a career day speech...after the talk, I was hanging with some of the first grade girls answering questions, and they just kept stroking my hair, they couldn't stop touching it. (I finally wore it down today! :))
Finally one little girl asks me, "are you indian?"
I was like, oh noooo, honey, I'm black just like you!
Her eyes bugged out and she said, "I'm gonna have my mama buy me hair like yours!" :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Even the teacher shook her head...I wasn't sure what to say after that!

WomanlyCharm said:
Her eyes bugged out and she said, "I'm gonna have my mama buy me hair like yours!" :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ROFLMAO!!! Too bad you can't go back and educate them. never too young to start...lol

WomanlyCharm said:
Went to an elementary school today to give a career day speech...after the talk, I was hanging with some of the first grade girls answering questions, and they just kept stroking my hair, they couldn't stop touching it. (I finally wore it down today! :))
Finally one little girl asks me, "are you indian?"
I was like, oh noooo, honey, I'm black just like you!

:eek: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lachen: OMG that was classic!

caligirl said:
I love kids because they're honest.

I agree with you, as we get older we're told not to say certain things, then further on we're taught to sugar-coat next thing you know, you pretty much can't tell the truth anymore... I love that pure and honesty of kids...okkk let me stop sounding like Michael Jackson:lachen:

These are first graders...

Isn't it interesting how early we are indoctrinated as a culture to think that long hair = mixed race?

Congrats on the props from the kids (you know it looked good - kids don't lie :lol: )

Back