Avoiding underprocessed hair ?

scooby's wife

Ladies. I am in need of some serious advice.:ohwell:.. I am approaching my 1 yr mark without a relaxer, I am anticipating relaxing at the end of June. I am currently in twist and would like to avoid under processing my hair . Any help and or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should maybe try to find a professional that you trust. That can be a lot of NG to handle on your own. Either that or you might want to relax in sections. There are lots of threads about stuff like that if you research thorugh the relaxer threads :-)

I've found that my hair is less likely to underprocess if it's not saturated with moisturizer or oils. The drier my new growth is, the more it seems to process. To prevent breakage, I'll make sure I do a good DC when I wash and add a little moisturizer, not my normal amount, once it's dry.

thank you joyfuljoy.. I will search the relaxer threads for more input... I have not been in a stylist chair in quite some time.. and the thought of a stylist chopping off all my hard work is a little frightening right now. Not that they would because I have been very dilligent about keeping my twist moisturized...but just the possibility has me a little stylist weary.

Thanks to you also hillytmj... I have been co-washing with Wen conditioner.. I guess I will need to up my DC for the next few weeks just to be on the safe side.

Back