Avocado Mix= Zero Shedding!

frida1980

I've been going insane in the last month trying to stop my hair from shedding. Garlic was working to reduce it, but this avocado blend eliminated it! I don't have any hairs in the comb or the floor! This is even after I take down my bun. I'm really impressed.

Here's the recipe:
1 Avocado
1/2 cup of plan yogurt
2 teaspoon of molasses
1 garlic clove
4 tablespoons of olive oil

I steamed with it, but I'll probably try just heat next time.

It really coats every strand. I don't see any short hairs at all, so it may help with breakage too. Of course it leaves it kinda oily, but I can live with that during these colder months.

Free (of shedding) at last...

I've been going insane in the last month trying to stop my hair from shedding. Garlic was working to reduce it, but this avocado blend eliminated it! I don't have any hairs in the comb or the floor! This is even after I take down my bun. I'm really impressed.

Here's the recipe:
1 Avocado
1/2 cup of plan yogurt
2 teaspoon of molasses
1 garlic clove
4 tablespoons of olive oil

I steamed with it, but I'll probably try just heat next time.

It really coats every strand. I don't see any short hairs at all, so it may help with breakage too. Of course it leaves it kinda oily, but I can live with that during these colder months.

Free (of shedding) at last...

That sounds great! I'm going to try it because I'm shedding a little more than I would like. Is your hair soft after you do this treatment and how long do you keep the mixture in your hair?

I'm so hungry right now that I want to eat this with a side of nacho chips! :lick: :lol:

Besides that I will keep this in mind to try one day, it seems VERY moisturizing. :yep: :grin:

That sounds great! I'm going to try it because I'm shedding a little more than I would like. Is your hair soft after you do this treatment and how long do you keep the mixture in your hair?
I left it on for about 30 minutes steaming. I think it'll work just fine under heat too. My hair was really soft and very smooth too. It made a awesome braid out the next day.

I'm so hungry right now that I want to eat this with a side of nacho chips! :lick: :lol:

Besides that I will keep this in mind to try one day, it seems VERY moisturizing. :yep: :grin:

I did this on New Year's Day, so my first batch was accidently eaten by my uncle, brother, and his friends. They thought it was guacamole. I wanted to kill them. But it was edible and they were watching sports, I should've know better.

Last edited:
I did this on New Year's Day, so my first batch was accidently eaten by my uncle, brother, and his friends. They thought it was guacamole. I wanted to kill them. But it was eatable and they were watching sports, I should've know better.

I swear men just don't get it... :nono:

I have to do this when I get bk to campus !!!
my sister is really allergic to avocado so NO GO on doing this at home

They really don't! How many people would randomly eat something that they don't know what it is and who made it?

I know, right? :lol: My mum used to actually leave out things that weren't exactly edible because my dad would be eating up EVERYTHING in sight when he was hungry. :grin:

I know, right? :lol: My mum used to actually leave out things that weren't exactly edible because my dad would be eating up EVERYTHING in sight when he was hungry. :grin:

OMG. That's exactly what my dad does. I never could throw anything away when I was at home. Half eaten oranges, old bread, and anything that could be considered "health food." Which is how I got rid of my ginger tea, dandelion tea, flax seed, protein mixes, and god knows what else. He's vacuum. Even more so since he started to bike ride everywhere.

OMG. That's exactly what my dad does. I never could throw anything away when I was at home. Half eaten oranges, old bread, and anything that could be considered "health food." Which is how I got rid of my ginger tea, dandelion tea, flax seed, protein mixes, and god knows what else. He's vacuum. Even more so since he started to bike ride everywhere.

:lol: My dad will even eat things that don't taste good. I can't cook or bake so when I made cupcakes my mum said, "I'm not eating these, they're too dry." My dad basically just told me they were good for a first try and ate them all. It was kind of sweet when I think about it. Although sometimes it's a real pain because you're looking forward to something so good after a long day and then it's gone.

:lol: My dad will even eat things that don't taste good. I can't cook or bake so when I made cupcakes my mum said, "I'm not eating these, they're too dry." My dad basically just told me they were good for a first try and ate them all. It was kind of sweet when I think about it. Although sometimes it's a real pain because you're looking forward to something so good after a long day and then it's gone.

So true! I brought some cinnamon rolls I made to my folks one weekend so we could have them for breakfast, and he polished all but two that night! There were things I wanted to toss in a heartbeat, but Dad always convinces me to bring them by. He doesn't believe in wasting food. But the problem is, he's SOOO thin! How in the world?

So true! I brought some cinnamon rolls I made to my folks one weekend so we could have them for breakfast, and he polished all but two that night! There were things I wanted to toss in a heartbeat, but Dad always convinces me to bring them by. He doesn't believe in wasting food. But the problem is, he's SOOO thin! How in the world?

Well my dad used to be kinda chubby but he actually slimmed down... I don't know how he did it though. Now he's like a tank, his metabolism is super fast, he can eat ANYTHING and still stay slim. Yuuuum I love cinnamon rolls! :D I'm trying to be good in 2011 though and I already ruined that today. :nono:

I did this on New Year's Day, so my first batch was accidently eaten by my uncle, brother, and his friends. They thought it was guacamole. I wanted to kill them. But it was edible and they were watching sports, I should've know better.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:That is hilarious! I take it they enjoyed your DC mix?:grin:

I am absolutely going to give this recipe a try...for my hair of course.:grin:

Thank you so much for sharing!

Well my dad used to be kinda chubby but he actually slimmed down... I don't know how he did it though. Now he's like a tank, his metabolism is super fast, he can eat ANYTHING and still stay slim. Yuuuum I love cinnamon rolls! :D I'm trying to be good in 2011 though and I already ruined that today. :nono:

Don't you hate it when men can do that? It's so unfair.

Same here. Yeah, the best way for me to diet is to make something yummy and bring it to my parents. If I share, I only get one and won't over eat. Mostly because they don't last long. The cinnamon rolls are calorie booms, even though they taste so good.

I wonder if this will work for post partum shedding....at least decrease it a bit. After i have dd I will try this and if I have good results I'll post. Thanks for sharing :wave:

Back