Avlon: Affirm Creme Relaxer vs. Fiberguard Creme Relaxer :can't choose help!

pick a relaxer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missi

i plan on relaxing my hair next week (so i need to order now) cuz i'm breaking at my demarcation line when i rollerset:

the affirm is more safe for a self-relaxer but the fiberguard has more benifits if you use it

i may or may not get either on in sensitive because my scalp is sensitive and my hair is colored: and the sensitive specifies for color-treated hair

I need u ladies opinion: the affirm creme or sensitive relaxer is good: its safe for self-use: and i don't need to complete THEIR step-by-step.

The fiberguard has more benifits like 25% more strength: but i hear its better for a professional to do it cuz i may cause additional steps being a top of the line relaxer: but if I could self-relax using this: followed by basic washing & conditioning steps: should i get the fiberguard.

I would love and need you ladies opinion on which relaxer is SAFER to use: experiences and usage NEEDED. thanks ladies

I've never used affirm creme relaxer, but I use affirm fiberguard normal which is actually mild IMO. If you're anything like me my attempts at self relaxing have always left me underprocessed due to not using enough relaxer and not leaving it on long enough & using the preservo along with the mild strength does not help matters. But that's just me. I get good results from Fiberguard when it is professionally applied(by my cousin or aunt).When my tub is done I will be trying the regular affirm to see how it compares. If you decide to go with Fiberguard I would go with the normal strength not mild, unless you're going for the texlaxed look. I'm sure more ladies will come in to add more.

I've used the Affirm Fiberguard and think it is one of the best relaxers on the market. There are several steps but they are not difficult. My hair is baby fine and easily damaged.

The main difference with the Fiberguard is after thoroughly rinsing out the relaxer, you condition with Affirm Sustenance Conditioner for 5 minutes, rinse and then neutralize.

Hey I just realized you have sensitive scalp. Scratch what I said about normal & stick with the mild instead

i'm liking the Fiberguard:

question:.......... i've been using
  • Motions: Salon Herbal Relaxer (mild): after time applied i wash w/
  • Isoplus (the shampoo that turns pink for indicator) followed by
  • Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner to soften and moisturize my hair
then i proceed to rollerset:

IYO: using the Fiberguard: u think its necessary to follow their steps using their products: or their steps w/ alternative products: or my step using Fiberguard's conditioner???????

....thank u so much ladies

It's not necessary, but I've noticed better results when using their line exclusively. But I always condition before neutralizing & make sure to use porosity control with whatever conditioner I decide to use.

Back