Aveda Users Please Read

chayil0427

For you Aveda gals out there. I'm considering trying this line. Please recommend your favorite products from the line and tell me why you like them.

Chayil

Last edited:
Damage Remedy - it's my staple, provides great moisture and my hair just loves it. My hair did a turn around when I started using it. :p

I like the shampoo, conditioner & treatment from the Damage Remedy Line. The shampoo is gentle, it detangles and it makes my hair feel incredibly soft. The conditioner & the treatment are awesome. They provide lots of moisture and leaves my hair hair feeling strong, yet very soft. They also smell great!

I use the elixir for my hair and that is pretty good. It smells good and it makes my hair nice & soft.

I also have the Brilliant Emollient Gloss which is a very lightweight serum. It doesn't weigh my hair down, it provides a great shine and it makes my hair feel very silky. The smell is just AMAZING! I love it!

Love Aveda! I use the DR line, the styling curressence, brilliant finishing gloss, and the elixir leave. I think this one will be my staples now.

I agree with every one about the Aveda Damage Remedy line. I also am currently trying out the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate. So far I like it a lot. I agree with Nelli that they smell very good. I even bought the essetial oils that are in it, so I can scent other products like aveda (bergamot, geranium, ylang ylang) It is worth the money I would say.

I've also started using the Damage Remedy line. I've also tried the Sap Moss pre-poo. I like the natural ingredients that Aveda users. The products are very concentrated and my hair feels moisturized and strong after using them. I also have the Brilliant serum which is also good but I dont use it as much.

Everything i have use by Aveda has worked. When i used this product I had NO split end and very little shedding. It's just a little too expensive, but when I'm out of town again I will pick up about $100 worth of items. I'll have to save for that. hehe

JLove74 said:
Damage Remedy - it's my staple, provides great moisture and my hair just loves it. My hair did a turn around when I started using it. :p

I totally LOVE this line and I have had the same results as Jlove

I treated myself to these products after Christmas
The leave in elixir keeps my hair soft
The anti-humectant pomade locks in moisture
The brilliant emolliant serum seals ends and gives my hair some shine

I want to try the Sap Moss and the Damage Remedy line

I use the Damage Remedy line and the Sap Moss pre-poo and I agree with everything everyone else has already said.

Im gonna try this line really soon. I was looking on Aveda's site and it seems as if the Damage Remedy is fortified with protein? So are you guys using this pretty often without the bad results from too much protein? I just wanna know before I buy it because its pretty pricey.:cool:

Last edited:
shunta said:
I was looking on Aveda's site and it seems as if the Damage Remedy is fortified with protein? So are you guys using this pretty often without the bad results from too much protein?

It works wonderfully. I have been using it for the past 8 months. Actually, It makes your hair very soft and supple vs hard. I would consider it a lighter protein. I use it after a heavier protein (ahpogee) to soften my hair. Ask them for samples.

Just a note
on Aveda.com website if you sign up for their mailing list
they will give you a coupon code for free shipping if your order is $40 or more that's good until Feb 28th

JLove74 said:

Same here. I love Aveda DR.

I use the anti-humectant pomade...excellent! I went out in drizzle the other day and had no frizz.

I use the detoxifying shampoo...excellent! Whenever I have build-up, I use this shampoo and it clarifies very well. My old stylist used it on me whenever she knew I had been doing my own hair.:lol:

I use the Massage Oil...excellent! I use it to seal in moisture when I do my roller sets and I never have to moisturize my hair between washes.

I have used the sap moss...it was ok. Most people I know love it though, so I'm probably the oddball there.

I'm currently using the Damage Remedy line and the Hang Straight and the Light Elements. They all work great on my hair.

Last edited:
The Damage Remedy line is awesome. Like someone else said, I don't think it's a hard protein. It leaves hair too soft to be that, but it still stops breakage.

The Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and Shampoo are two of my other favorites. I alternate using these with the Damage Remedy Line. These are great for pure moisture. In love!

Anti-Humectant Pomade protected my hair from frizzies in the Florida rain. Great for sealing in moisture.

I currently use the DR Line and I like it. It gives my hair great manageability. I also use the Aveda Brilliant Serum and I like that for the softness and the shine.

I use:

Aveda Anti-Humectant Brilliant Pomade (made with castor oil) which seals in moisture but doesn't allow humidity to revert hair. I love it for the shine too. Although it's not 100% effective against humidity, it makes a difference and I don't go without it.

Aveda Brilliant Emollient Gloss is a serum that works beautifully. Only a little is needed for the finishing touch for beautiful shine and the bottle lasts a long time.

Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine is ok, I prefer the serum though.

Aveda Sap Moss shampoo is wonderful! Very moisturizing and I love the smell.

Aveda Damage Remedy reconstructor - I've only sampled this and had great results! Haven't bought it yet.

Aveda is one of my staple lines. :up:

scorpian said:
Just a note
on Aveda.com website if you sign up for their mailing list
they will give you a coupon code for free shipping if your order is $40 or more that's good until Feb 28th
Thank you Scorpian for this info!:)

I alternate between the DR line and the Sap Moss line, and the beautifying massage oil, as well as the brilliant anti humectant pomade. It is a little pricey, but I figured I spent wayyyy more on products that didn't work then what I spend on Aveda. plus a little goes a long way. In this case, you definitley get what you pay for:)

Last edited:
I love the Elixir. This is one of the best for no frizzy hair after a fresh wash.

I love the DR conditioner and The Sap Mass Pree Poo.

I haven't used anything from this line that I did not love!
[I felt like I belonged one of the hair commercials (Herbal Essenes I think) saying oohhh and ahhhh.

ADR- Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment
Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate
Hair Detoxifier Shampoo- Clarifying
Brlliant Anti-Humunctant Pomade
Light Elements Reviving Mist

Wow, I didn't know I had all this!! PJ Denial:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Isis said:
Thank you Scorpian for this info!:)

Your welcome :D
Isis.. I should be saying THANKS TO YOU!!!...Your fotki was the reason that I went out and got the anti- humectant pomade and brilliant serum

Thanks ladies. Wow you guys have really inspired me to try this line. I was going to try Nexxus Phyto Organics, but I do believe I'll give this line a try first. It's kinda pricey for my college budget, but I've read several posts saying that a little goes a long way with this product so hopefully that's true.

Chayil

I have used the AVEDA Anti-Humectant pomade for years --- LOVE IT !
I also like the AVEDA Damage Remedy Shampoo and AVEDA Damage Remedy Treatment
AVEDA BRILLIANT Serum w/rice bran oil is like the best serum of all time ! It is like $28.50 for that little bottle but it is great !

hi lady's, i'm new to the board. what would you say is the least expensive place online to pick up aveda products?

Back