Aveda Products

• Thread starter Thread starter 0116
  • Start date Start date
Hi...i use the brilliant hair cream (love it),and the Anti-Humectant pomade, (for daughter) her hair is dryer than mine, and i have used the Sap Moss Shampoo and Conditioners, and i am very pleased....They are one of the few Manufactures that dont use SLS in their shampoos, and no mineral oil or petroleum in their products which is better for my 4/a-b hair, and black hair as a whole.
fallenangel.gif

<font color="brown">Hello 0116,

I have 4a fine/medium textured hair and I am a regular user of Aveda products; I love them. I have been using them for quite a while and I get consistent results with them.

The products that I have used include:

Sap Moss Shampoo (very conditioning)
Sap Moss Detangler
Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate (excellent!)

Brilliant Shampoo (deep cleansing)
Brilliant Conditioner
Brilliant Universal Styling Creme (great shine)

Elixir Leave-in Conditioner (I ALWAYS use this)
Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer (stops breakage)
Curessence Conditioner (protein treatment, thickens hair)
Detoxifier Shampoo (clarifying shampoo, mild)
Phomollient (styling foam, light hold and shine)

AngieK
cool.gif
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of price range does aveeda have?

[/ QUOTE ]
They are around the price of nexxus products $8-$30. I love the shampure products they made my hair soo soft. I hate the sap moss shampoo, it made my hair hard as a brick
whip.gif
wallbash.gif
I haven't tried the sap moss pre shampoo, does anyone know how that is?

[ QUOTE ]
AngieK, do you only use Aveda Products?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">
No, I also use other products. However, I have been using the Aveda products the longest, and I always return to them if my hair is having problems.

AngieK </font>

For true??! I actually wanted to try the relaxer line... What about it in particluar didnt you like? I may just stick with my Mizani... and I really like the Aveda products - Sap Moss Shampoo and the Elixir are both staple products for me, among others.

KiniKini,

I would seriously advise against trying the Aveda relaxer. I learned about "trying" new chemicals the hard way. If your current relaxer is working for you, then stick with it. The Aveda relaxer broke off my hair at the new growth (as well as my best friend's hair who'd gotten the relaxer about 2 months before me). Luckily, all of my hair hasn't fallen out b/c I'd be devastated though I was devastated anyway...
Here's how it went. She put the relaxer that "doesn't burn" on my hair (now what other relaxer that tore people's hair out does that remind you of??) and then let it sit for a bit. Then, she took me to the sink and put "neutralizer" in my hair. This neutralizer was weird. I remember my whole head feeling absolutely numb. I'd been relaxed for 18 years so this was different but I figured she knew what she was doing since she was working at an Aveda Salon. Anyhow, this stuff was not sudsy...and she kept working it through my hair like it was difficult or something. Then, she took me to her chair and blowdried and curled me. Yep, that's right. She never shampooed or conditioned my hair. I always question myself as to whether she did shampoo me or not. And I really don't think so. So, partially my fault that I didn't question her technique but again, I "thought" she was a professional.
Beware...

Also, makes me mad that I didn't call the salon and tell them what happened...and didn't claim the $105 I paid for my hair to fall out. I also wonder who else's hair this woman has caused to fall out...makes me feel as though I should have called to save someone else.
wallbash.gif

I began to use the Aveda Pure-Fume Brilliant line in November of 1997, when my hair was experiencing many problems - brittleness, dryness, breakage, shedding, and it brought my hair back to health.

However, since August 2003, I began to use Kenra products, which have performed nicely for my hair. I discovered I needed a more intensive and moisturizing conditioner and shampoo, and the Aveda does not go far enough for me in this respect.

I have 4A/4B hair.

northernbelle

I just bought some more Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade and decided to get the Brilliant Spray-On for hair. It says it is "sheer mist of pure shine and vitamin E for finished hair styles. Also helps eliminate flyaways. For all hair types." It was only $11 and the owner of the store (she is also a stylist) said it gives the hair lots of shine without any greasiness. It has rice bran oil, vitamin E, geranium oil and other essential oils. It also has alcohol but she said this is the non-drying kind and it actually moisturizes the hair. Has anyone used this and what was your experience?

I was going to get the Universal Styling Creme but I wasn't sure...

I tried a few products from the Aveda line a few years back. My hair just couldn't seem to take them. The products I tried were (sap moss shampoo, deep penetrating conditioner, cherry almond bark conditioner and the elixer (sp?) leave-in)

Back