Aveda Hang Straight

ive had my eye on this thingy fo about 3 months. i even bid for it on ebay but i lost teh bid. i checked it out yesterday too. I heard about it somewhere but i dont rememeber.......

sunnydey said:
Hello everyone!:wave: Does anyone who uses Aveda hair care products know how the Hang Straight Straightening Lotion is supposed to be used? Can you use it if you are pressing/straightening your natural hair? I have a link below for you to read about it. I hope everyone can open the link.

TIA for all responses.
sunnydey:Rose:

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY6159&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5835

I think you put it on before you blow dry and its supposed to help get the hair straight easier and fight humidity.

You can click on tips (its under the name of the product on the link) this is what it says:

1. Apply Hang Straight from ends to scalp, keeping most of the product at tips. 2. “Rough dry” hair without a brush--using a blow dryer and your fingers. 3. Once your hair is 80% dry, use an Aveda Paddle Brush and the blow dryer to straighten your hair section-by-section. 4. After each section is complete, set by giving it a blast with the “cool shot” button of your blow dryer.

It seems to be like a lot of straighteners on the market. I'd apply to wet/towel-dried hair and comb it through. Then, I'd blowdry my hair straight (using a comb attachment). Then I'd flatiron or press my hair to get it straighter, if necessary.

Last edited:
sithembile said:
Please could someone post the ingredients.
TIA

According to the site...
Key Ingredients.
spacer.gif
Certified organic flax seed, Certified organic marsh mallow root, Silica derived from sand
http://www.aveda.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY6159&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5835#

Good Morning ladies:

I've riding a commuter into Atlanta and a woman rides with me. She's been natural in braids for two years. I convince her to let go of the braids and embrace her hair, atleast for a while.

Well she's been pressing and her hair is holding up. I told her that her hair was reall holding it's press and she says she uses the Aveda product called Brilliant, the pomade. The ANTI-humectant one. There are two of them. Anyone who has been here in the ATL the last couple weeks know it has been HUMID:burn:. Her press is STILL hanging on. She presses about every one to two weeks. In fact, I think I'll ask her if she's changed her pressing time since using the pomade.

I went on line and checked it out. The key ingredients are: Castor, Certified Organic Aloe, Rice Bran.

This may do just as good as the Hang Strait or even better.

I'll try it in a few weeks and let you ladies know.

It can't do anything but get hotter here anyway.... :perplexed

~op~

Back