Aveda DR Intensive Restructuring Treatment

Dommo

I was looking for a substitute to my Nexxus Emergencee because I am staying away from parabens and I decided to purchase the Aveda DR IRT. I already have the shampoo and conditioner but I was hesitant because of the price and size!

Anyway, I had to re-install my custom weave and i needed a protein treatment. I shampooed with Neutrogena Medicated Shampoo which is super drying but i needed it and then applied the IRT. I used more than half the bottle because my hair is so thick:wallbash: and sat under the dryer for 10 min and left it in w/o heat for an additional 20. When i rinsed my hair felt sooo strong and soft. I followed up with KBB hair mask (still debating on this one)

Long story short, i experienced no breakage, my hair feels so healthy and i was able to get my "leave-out" and edges pin straight and im almost 9 months post. (i used only aveda styling products to style and straighten)

I was looking for a substitute to my Nexxus Emergencee because I am staying away from parabens and I decided to purchase the Aveda DR IRT. I already have the shampoo and conditioner but I was hesitant because of the price and size!

Anyway, I had to re-install my custom weave and i needed a protein treatment. I shampooed with Neutrogena Medicated Shampoo which is super drying but i needed it and then applied the IRT. I used more than half the bottle because my hair is so thick:wallbash: and sat under the dryer for 10 min and left it in w/o heat for an additional 20. When i rinsed my hair felt sooo strong and soft. I followed up with KBB hair mask (still debating on this one)

Long story short, i experienced no breakage, my hair feels so healthy and i was able to get my "leave-out" and edges pin straight and im almost 9 months post. (i used only aveda styling products to style and straighten)

Aveda has two DR's - Dry Remedy which is moisture (my hair loves it) and Damage Remedy which is protein (yeah..protein on my strands? not so much)

I'm sure you mean Damage Rememdy since you mentioned protein..but wanted to make that explicit for any newbies who may be lurking :look:

Aveda has two DR's - Dry Remedy which is moisture (my hair loves it) and Damage Remedy which is protein (yeah..protein on my strands? not so much)

I'm sure you mean Damage Rememdy since you mentioned protein..but wanted to make that explicit for any newbies who may be lurking :look:

Damage Remedy

THIS STUFF MADE MY HAIR FEEL LIKE BUTTER!!!
this is, without a doubt, the GREATEST conditioner i have used in my entire hair care journey.

slip for days!
leaves my hair soft, even after rinsing out the product!
strengthens!
moisturizes!

oh my goodness!!!

i recently bought a 16 oz bottle of the stuff off of eBay. but after using it, i think it would be totally worth shelling out its full retail value (appx. $70 USD not including shipping or tax)

just wanted to rave really quick!

THIS STUFF MADE MY HAIR FEEL LIKE BUTTER!!!
this is, without a doubt, the GREATEST conditioner i have used in my entire hair care journey.

slip for days!
leaves my hair soft, even after rinsing out the product!
strengthens!
moisturizes!

oh my goodness!!!

i recently bought a 16 oz bottle of the stuff off of eBay. but after using it, i think it would be totally worth shelling out its full retail value (appx. $70 USD not including shipping or tax)

just wanted to rave really quick!
and i was bxtching about the $26 JCPenney wanted to charge me for 8 oz of Joico K-Pak DPR??? Uh...looks like I won't be trying Aveda anytime soon :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

at least it works...

$70? :nono::nono::nono:

Well, I'm definitely putting this on my "to try list," but the price just makes me glad I'm in braids.

Otherwise I'd be in debt with all my pjisms! :lachen:

I tried it almost a year ago, and I felt like it was alright...maybe I should look back into giving it another shot...

One thing I DID NOT like was the hefty price AND the tiny a$$ tube! On top of that, the tubes arent even typically filled to the very top...after that one use, I remember feeling sad because basically almost half of the conditioner was gone....

My hair loves Aveda!! I get the $70 size. I buy the large shampoo bottle once per year and the treatment twice per year. I use the treatment once a week and cowash with any cheapie conditioner the rest of the time. I'm relaxed and colored and get very little breakage. My hair has gotten to almost BSL without much effort. I notice a difference if I go a couple of weeks without a treatment. It's actually curbed my PJism since I stopped buying other products. I can't imagine using anything else.

Dommo, I glad to know this is working on your transitioning hair. I actually just decided to transition and hoping this will still work well on my hair. What styling products do you use.

just to clarify: the $70 was for a 16 oz. bottle of Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment. It makes more sense to buy it in the larger sizes.

the prices for the tube are astronomical. 6.7 oz of the treatment will run you about $25, but the 16 oz only costs $70, so you save quite a bit. & a little goes a VERY long way. + i definitely didn't pay retail! i paid well under half the retail price for mine on eBay. :yep:

Back