Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructor vs. Emergencee

Which is a better reconstructor?

• Aveda Intensive Restructuring Treatment

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Nexxus Emergencee

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Kari107

I'm totally in love with Aveda now and I'm switching many of my products for Aveda ones. I've been using nexxus emergencee for a more than a year now. It works, nothing major but it works. I've been eyeing the Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructing Treatment. My birthday is next week so I'm bound to have some extra money. So I was wondering if I should replace my emergencee with the intensive reconstructor. I should mention I have a full bottle of emergencee I bought a while back but I'm still wondering if I should get it. Thanks;)

I've only used the Nex. but I am considering Aveda. bumping for response.

i LOVE aveda!! i just used the dr intensive last nite and my hair is beautiful! its worth it! i used the intensive once a month or so. last nite i used it as a prepoo. i put it directly on my dry hair and added some amla and coconut oil and sat under the dryer for 20 minutes and proceeded with my aveda regimen.
aveda really helps the condition of your hair and turns your problems around OR keeps your hair BEAUTIFUL:grin:

Last edited:
I really like the Aveda IRT but for serious protein to quell breakage, I voted for the Emergencee...JMO. The Aveda IRT with the con makes my hair feel silky...I always have to follow the Emergencee up with a moisturizing con.

They are two seperate products for seperate purposes.

Aveda DR is a reconstructor. Meaning it contains some protein (not a lot) and can be used weekly or even 2 times a week. You don't HAVE to follow with a moisturizing conditioner as it already has the moisture in it. It will make your hair feel strong but it doesn't even contain a lot of protein at ALL.

Emergencee is a protein treatment. It's main purpose is NOT to moisturize, but to fill in the weak spots on the strands. You HAVE to follow this with a moisturizing conditioner.

They aren't even on the same caliber.

Thanks locksofluv u made that very easy to understand! Another aveda lover checking in. I am a aveda dr user and love the intensive treament, but hey I love emergencee too, they each have their own special qualities!!

There's a reason why the poll is tied at 5:5. I use both and they are both great. BUT they do offer different things. The Aveda IRT gives great SLIP, Emergencee doesn't. Aveda makes my hair softer, Emergencee does not. Both did make my hair stronger however.

Back