Aveda Brillant Humectant vs Anti-Humectant

JenJen2721

Does anyone use either of these? and what is the difference between the two? Wouldn't the humectant one be for people with dry hair? What is the purpose of the anti-humectant? I'm all confused?!?
confused.gif

Any feedback or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Jen

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone use either of these? and what is the difference between the two? Wouldn't the humectant one be for people with dry hair? What is the purpose of the anti-humectant? I'm all confused?!?
confused.gif

Any feedback or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use one of them (forgot which one). It's good but it can weigh your hair down so use sparingly. It's supposed to help with frizz and humidity. Go to an Aveda store and they'll tell you which one is the one to help your hair so it won't frizz up. HTH

From the Aveda website:
Antihumectant Pomade.

This satiny pomade repels moisture from your hair, helping to prevent frizziness and flyaways. Tames curls to give hair a polished look. Excellent in humid weather. Work through hair before or after styling.
Repels moisture
Prevents frizziness
Satin finish

Humectant Pomade:Humectant-rich pomade, with plant-derived aroma, enhances curl. Especially effective in dry climates, it activates and maintains wave in textured or treated hair.
Defines
Adds shine

I use the antihumectant pomade almost everyday. It gives my hair shine and i love the smell. Like kia said, you should use sparingly. Its pretty expensive though ($18.00)

Back