Hi Teva!
wave.gif

Go to your home page and go to the link where you edit personal information, email etc. Click on edit. Once you are in there is a space that has this above it: URL to your picture (80x80 max pixels, may be smaller) (.gif, .jpg, .png accepted)You must type the URL
(e.g. http://yourpicture.com) to your picture in this space and click submit at the bottom.

Note: You picture must be somewhere on the web to be able to get in in you avatar. So if you have picture services such as yahoo or picture trail you should be fine.

I hope this helps.

i tried to put my pics from the web, but it is coming up with a x , instead of a pic.....mines never works...
swearing.gif

Mine never works either!! I don't have picture services. Do you need to have that for it to work??? Also, my Graemlins never work!! Please help!!! Maybe after this weekend with our Dallas meeting I'll be able to get my picture in my Avatar. There are a few people bringing digital cameras!

I too am stuck. I'm using Fotki, and it seems other members have been able to link to photos in their Fotki albums, but I can't! I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong...I resized the photo & everything. PLEASE HELP!

If you are having trouble, please send me the picture link (by private message), and I will see what I can do.

asummertyme, yahoo sometimes has a problem with linking, as does fotki. if your albums are private the pictures will not show it must be public

if you go to villagephotos.com and sign up for an account you can upload your pics for free there. you get a limited bandwidth (which means the more you post and your avatar shows up, the more bandwidth u use)..if you have trouble either im me at skittskie259 or pm me and ill try to help you

So you've had problems with Fotki? It seems other ladies on the board have been able to use album photos as avatars (however, I've had some real difficulties?)

Ladies,

Please keep in mind, a lot of free web sites don't offer direct linking (Yahoo, Geocities, FREE Fotki accounts (if I'm not mistaken). I do know that Picture Trail works (and it's free for a certain amount of time). HTH!

Back