Aug 14,15,16 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Tomorrow a.m.
Pre-Rx with SM's Purification Hair Mask (on dry hair)
Cowash with: Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp
Treat with: Cathy Howse UBH (under dryer 20 minutes)
Steam with: Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment
Apply Leave-In (ST'icals Sorrel) and dry under dryer
After drying: APB's Hair Butter & Lotion (Pearberry)

Tonight I will take down these crochet and:
- dust
- ssi okra on dry hair
- shampoo with sm manuka
- tea rinse with bamboo and ceramides
- DC under heat with sm manuka
- ssi cranberry and seyani to seal
- kckt gel to braid out for the weekend

Last edited:
Knew I wanted to spend Saturday giving my hair a really good cleansing and conditioning after tonight's protein treatment. Thankfully MsDeeKay posted a DIY conditioner video on youtube. I already knew about the moisturizing benefits of banana, avocado, and molasses on the hair, I just haven't been in a DIY mood lately. Her video was my motivation.

I'm thinking about doing an overnight (or 3 hour) deep conditioning treatment and a braid out. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to use the KeraMinerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner or the Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque, but after I rinse my DC I'm going to finish it off with an ACV rinse.

Going to do a chunky twist out tomorrow!
Wash in twists
prepoo/protein: Claudie's Reconstructor (30 min)
cleanse: keracare hydrating detangling
condition: bel nouvo co-wash
DC: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (1h)
Spritz with Bel nouvo Coco-castor and twist with oyin hair dew and annabelle's ayurvedic cream
Seal with annabelle's butter

Will be happening early next week some time

Pre-poo
: Scalp massage with massaging brush; APB Ayurvedic Mud Mask on ends under heat cap
Cleanse: PM Shampoo One
DC: Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC
Post-wash: Mielle Organics White Peony LI Spray, LRC Mega Bounce & Body LI, and CHI Keratin Silk Infusion

Pre-poo: Hair Trigger on scalp and Coconut oil on length
Cleanse: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo
DC: Silk Dreams Avocado Pudding with Olive Oil on top over coffee under heat
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Vatika Frosting/Giovanni Direct
Dry: Airdry
Style: Bun

Prepoo/Detangle - Vatika Naturals Enriched Coconut Oil + Tressemme Perfectly (Un)Done Weightless Moisturizing Conditioner

Cleanse - SM JBCO Strengthen Grow & Restore Shampoo

Protein Treat- Tropic Isle Living JBCO protein conditioner + SM Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque

Moisturizing Deep Condition - Vatika Naturals Black Seed Deep Conditioning Hair Mask over homemade Ayurvedic Shea Butter mix

Twist wet hair with SM Raw SheaButter Extra Moisture Detangler, BASK silk & Honey Latte (original formula) & SM Three Butters Utility Gel-Mousse

Did a pre poo on dry hair J.Monique's Hibiscus treatment 45min,co washed vo5 rain con,BRB manuka DC 40min,rinsed HE honey con,BRB coconut leave in,MC banana cream & applied MC coconut herbal hairdresse on scalp/ ends & jakela coffee balm on top edges..Hair in 4 braids..Air drying.

*My hair is soft and very shiny.. Smells good too.

Happy Hair Growing!

Tonight:
Braid-out using Darcy's Herbal Spritz, Darcy's Lemongrass Transitioning Cream and Komaza Califia Cream.

Sunday:
Prepoo/ Detangle with Vatika Oil and Dermorganic Daily Hydrating Conditioner
Shampoo with Joico Moisture Recovery
ACV/ Aloe juice rinse (suggestion from Komaza to help close my high-porosity hair's cuticles)
Deep Condition with Komaza Olive Moisture Mask
Leave-in Darcy's Herbal Spritz, Darcy's Lemongrass Transitioning Cream and Komaza Califia Cream and braid or twist hair.

Prepoo: APB Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner
Cleanse: As I Am Cleansing Pudding
DC: Soultanicals Afrotastic DC with APB Green Powerhouse Oil
Leave In: Hair Sorrell Kink Drink, Soultanicals Knot Sauce, Seal with Sarenzo's Body Frosting
Style: Will make a twist bun for the week or chunky twists with EcoStyler Gel

Cleansed my scalp with acv and keracare first lather shampoo then washed my hair with the same shampoo. I deep conditioned with various conditioners/oils. Followed by an oil rinse. Moisturized with hairveda red tea satin moisturizer and sealed with Shescentit argan elixir. I did use the alter ego nequal intensive hair lotion drops on my scalp and my head felt:couchfire:. I believe it awaken some follicles which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Going to do a chunky twist out tomorrow!
Wash in twists
prepoo/protein: Claudie's Reconstructor (30 min)
cleanse: keracare hydrating detangling
condition: bel nouvo co-wash
DC: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (1h)
Spritz with Bel nouvo Coco-castor and twist with oyin hair dew and annabelle's ayurvedic cream
Seal with annabelle's butter

My hair is so SOFT!!
After the curl rehab deep conditioning my hair felt like cotton. :bdance:

cleanse with baby shampoo
condition with SheaMoisture JBCO mask

air dry

spritz with my own conditioning spray tp dampen

apply other Sheamoisture conditioner as leave in-Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Conditioner

oil- with The Body Shop Coco butter beautifying oil

cover and wear headwrap..this weekend- may extend throughout the week. just ordered more scarves.

Colored my hair on Friday. Have officially come to the realization that bleach, not developer, is the only that's going to allow me to lighten at home.

Today, I co-washed, did a deep conditioning treatment Cantu deep treatment masque, and styled. Then I made a batch of daily moisturizer spray (conditioner, olive oil, veg glycerine, water and coconut lime verbena scented oil) for next week.

Co-washed hair with Mane 'n Tail yesterday after finger detangling. Before final rinse applied V05 conditioner. Once I got out of the shower I applied a little more V05 contioner, combed hair thoroughly, added coconut oil & Shea butter. Put hair in pig tails & wiggled it.

Back