Aug 11 12 13 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Pre-poo: Warm olive oil on scalp and Annabelle's Pre-poo treatment on length under heat for 20 mins
Clarify: Redken Cleansing Cream
Poo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo
Protein Treatment: Komazacare Protein Strengthener
DC: Naturelle Grow's Protein Free Dc under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Dry: Air dry 80% Blow dry on cool 100%
Style: Bun

currently sitting with a pre-poo: Fresh cut aloe followed by peppermint + rosemary EO on scalp, a mix of JBCO + hemp oil on hair with EVCO concentrated on relaxed ends

Clarify scalp with ACV diluted with AVJ
DIY black soap shampoo
AVJ rinse
DIY banana seaweed DC
AVJ +glycerin +rosewater leave in
Seal with Palm + some other oils (not sure yet)

This month I've been experimenting with henna.

Thursday
  • Prepare tea with 12oz boiling distilled water, 1Tbs Nupur 9 henna, 1Tbs Bath & Body Works Sensuality herbal blend+ 1/2 Tbs Cortas rosewater. Steep overnight.
I had pictures here but the site won't let me upload*

• Prepare deep conditioning mix with 1Tbs Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SM Raw Shea Butter masque (original formula), Alaffia Everyday Shea unscented + 1/2Tsp each Baobab, Olive & Soothing Touch Sandalwood Ayurvedic oil mix
Prepoo overnight with Auromere preshampoo + Sesa Ayurvedic oil mix

Friday
Strain tea into applicator bottle.
Cleanse with Bobeam Honey Shea bar.
Rinse then towel blot hair.
Apply tea+ conditioner mix.
Use Curlformers soft bonnet on medium for 20 mins.
Rinse then towel blot hair.
Set twists in 9 Bantu Knots with Oyin Handmade Hair Dew + Jane Carter Solution Wrap and Roll.
Use Curlformers soft bonnet on medium for 45 mins.

There was absolutely no time to DC today. After a quick co-wash with Aphogees Curlific Texture wash (endless slip).
I needed my wash n go to last through a fish fry today and a long day of travelling tomorrow so I was happy to reintroduce a little bit of Jeri curl juice to my wash n go routine today.
The routine was
Apogee Curlific Texture treatment
ORS ghee butter
Lustrasilk
Eco StylerArgan

Did my hair on Friday.

Rinsed out overnight pre-poo of my Ayurvedic oil & Live Clean coconut milk conditioner.

Washed with DIY shampoo

Shower conditioned with Trader Joes Tee Tree Tingle conditioner and pulled hair up into one ponytail while I rinsed the conditioner out.

Ponytail rollerset with DIY leave-in.

Today I:
Moisturized with rose water & sealed with mango butter. Put hair in one big french braid. Will keep this in for the upcoming week.

I didn't get a chance to wash as planned this weekend, so today I prepped for Monday's wash.

Tonight:
  1. Prepooed, finger detangled, and twisted my hair into six sections.
  2. Mixed my henna. 1 bag of Nupur Henna + 1 box Jamila + 1/2 cup neem powder + 1/4 cup Lime juice + Hibiscus Tea

I washed my hair on Friday and kept it in big Celie braids under a beanie when I went to work yesterday. After I got home last night, I took it down and lightly straightened it with a thermal straightening brush before trimming the ends (oops, I got scissor-happy again); now I'm putting it in mini-twists. That way, I'll have a low-manip style to wear to school.

I think tomorrow I will:
Prepoo/detangle: Qhemet CTDG
Shampoo: Any
Protein: APB Keratin Treatment
Moisturize/Seal: QB BRBC and APB Soft & Silky Serum

Started the process of redo-ing the braids at the front of my hair. Took them down yesterday and then washed my hair (plaits in the front with the regular braids still in the back).

Shampoo: ORS creamy aloe and redken hair cleansing creme
Protein: affirm reconstructor
Conditioner: CON argan intensive conditioner
Oil Rinse: diy horsetail oil
Leave-ins: CON argan li, argan oil, SM curl enhancing smoothie thinned out with avj

Did a henna treatment yesterday.

Nupur henna mixed with coconut milk.

Rinsed out using Trader Joe's tree Tea tingle, and SSI Riche moisture masque.
Wet wrapped up in a high bun for easy style.

Back