Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Moisturizing Jelly

Kimiche

Have any of you ladies tried this product? I am looking for something that will tame my hair especially during the cold months. I need moisture and I do not want a product that will make my hair hard and dry. This product doesn't have a lot of the things that I am trying to stay away from or limit: protein, silicones, glycerin (my number 1 hair enemy). It also doesn't have any parabens or sulfates.

Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly has eight hair-nourishing Chinese herbals, plus hair-thickening vitamin B-5 and herbal gums which adds up to one superb styling product that moisturizes as it holds. Adds body and shine without weighing down the hair. Super for all hair types!

8 oz.

Ingredients:Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Attachments

• mandarin-magic-hair-moisturizing-jelly.jpg
    mandarin-magic-hair-moisturizing-jelly.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 31L6jl3cLdL._SS500_.jpg
    31L6jl3cLdL._SS500_.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Wow, I've never seen or heard of that product. Is it new?? What exactly is it used for, i.e. is it a hair jell or a moisterizer? Aubrey Organics makes some good products.... I really like them.

Wow, I've never seen or heard of that product. Is it new?? What exactly is it used for, i.e. is it a hair jell or a moisterizer? Aubrey Organics makes some good products.... I really like them.

I added some info. to the original post. :yep:

@Kimiche, I've never seen this, but it sounds scrumptious! :lick: Sounds like something great for the warmer months! I can't wait to try! You know AO is "Treasure" for most of us here, I myself, after using their other products, can't imagine it not being anythig but "Good"!!! Thank You for Posting! :yep:

Last edited:
OOOH GOSSHHH!!!
GIFSoup

:lachen::lachen:

@Kimiche, I've never seen this, but it sounds scrumptious! :lick: Sounds like something great for the warmer months! I can't wait to try! You know AO is "Treasure" for most of us here, I myslef, after using their other products, can't imagine it not being anythig but "Good"!!! Thank You for Posting! :yep:

I think I'll give it a try, especially since it doesn't have any glycerin. :yep: I love AO as well, especially the White Camellia conditioner.

I have tried and still use it, alone with aubrey organics b5 gel. i actually like it a lot better than my b5 gel, b5 gel seems to have a stronger hold with more "crunchiness" while mandarin jelly leaves my hair really soft, but not with much hold. So if you're looking for moisture, that's it B5 is the hard gel while the mandarin gelly is more of a moisturizer with a soft hold. B5 defines more but at the cost of crunchiness

Last edited:
I have tried and still use it, alone with aubrey organics b5 gel. i actually like it a lot better than my b5 gel, b5 gel seems to have a stronger hold with more "crunchiness" while mandarin jelly leaves my hair really soft, but not with much hold.

That's exactly what I need, as long as my hair is still soft then I'm good. Thanks for your input on this. :yep:

I'm sorry but what the he!! is "earth smoke" excuse my ignorance :look: cuz I definitely wanna try it, I just don't know what earth smoke is :lachen:

It's not new, I've used it a while.
It is my ultimate frizzbuster.

No real hold but it makes my hair smooooooooth and feels really un-gel-like.

It looks really good, I've seen it once but didn't pick it up at the time because I didn't know about Ao products.
How does it smell? AO products are usually great but their scents trigger migraines or make me nauseous sometimes

It doesn't smell as strong as other AO products, a tad lemony/magnolia... a little bit stronger than B5 gel though.

@Kimiche thank you, I was so gonna google that last night cuz I really had no idea what it was....then i bruised a rib :look: but thanks for the info! lol!

No problem. I thought it was a plant/herb but wanted to see as well.
:shocked: @ bruised a rib. I hope you getter better soon. :yep:

ETA: Wondering what you were doing to bruise your rib.

Last edited:
No problem. I thought it was a plant/herb but wanted to see as well.
:shocked: @ bruised a rib. I hope you getter better soon. :yep:

ETA: Wondering what you were doing to bruise your rib.

LOL! I was swinging my daughter around then I swung her over my shoulder, and when I stood up I had a really bad pain in the right side of my chest! I got short of breath, I was nauseas all of a sudden...Oh it was horrible! I laid down and went to sleep and felt much better this morning. my SO kept telling me to go to the hospital, but I knew they would just take an x-ray and send me home. I feel much better, thanks for asking :lachen:

Back to AO lol! I didn't even bother to look for this when I went to my local health food store. I must remember next time!

LOL! I was swinging my daughter around then I swung her over my shoulder, and when I stood up I had a really bad pain in the right side of my chest! I got short of breath, I was nauseas all of a sudden...Oh it was horrible! I laid down and went to sleep and felt much better this morning. my SO kept telling me to go to the hospital, but I knew they would just take an x-ray and send me home. I feel much better, thanks for asking :lachen:

Back to AO lol! I didn't even bother to look for this when I went to my local health food store. I must remember next time!

Awwwww! I'm glad that you're feeling much better. It's crazy how something so simple as playing with your little ones can cause such injuries. :yep:

I will be purchasing the AO Jelly today.

@Leesh and ppg0069 --

Will you help me understand how to read products -- what about the ingredients made you feel this product is better suited for summer months? On the contrary, what to look for to determine what prods are better for colder months?

@Leesh and ppg0069 --

Will you help me understand how to read products -- what about the ingredients made you feel this product is better suited for summer months? On the contrary, what to look for to determine what prods are better for colder months?

divachyk on a review a while back this product was compared to Kinky curly curling custard alternative. A product that would be good for wash and go's and twist outs.

I would try to bring up the thread but our search feature is virtually useless.

In general.....

Chosing products for the seasons depends on the styles and your hair needs due to climate. So in summer months ladies use more gels, custards, products with glycerin, and humectants are use to hold in moisture and draw moisture from the air. Also the styles tend to be more along the lines of wash and gos and twist/briad outs

In the colder months you need to protect your hair from dryness so thick butters, creamy leavins and oils are used more heavily in these months. As well as serums because many ladies straighten in the cooler months. Also, ladies shy away from moist jelly type products that need time to dry and set.

hopefully that was clear.

@divachyk on a review a while back this product was compared to Kinky curly curling custard alternative. A product that would be good for wash and go's and twist outs.

I would try to bring up the thread but our search feature is virtually useless.

In general.....

Chosing products for the seasons depends on the styles and your hair needs due to climate. So in summer months ladies use more gels, custards, products with glycerin, and humectants are use to hold in moisture and draw moisture from the air. Also the styles tend to be more along the lines of wash and gos and twist/briad outs

In the colder months you need to protect your hair from dryness so thick butters, creamy leavins and oils are used more heavily in these months. As well as serums because many ladies straighten in the cooler months. Also, ladies shy away from moist jelly type products that need time to dry and set.

hopefully that was clear.

@divachyk, Well, My girl @ppg0069, hit it on the nose! My sentiments "Exactly"!

Ooh, thanks! I've never used a hair gel, though stylist have put it in my hair (hate it!). This sounds like a great alternative.

Back