Aubrey Organics lovers: SALE -- what to get?

lilsparkle825

Perusing the shelves of Whole Foods the other day, I noticed that my local store has all the Aubrey Organics stuff on sale for $7.49, which seems to be pretty good. I have heard lots of LHCFers rave about the HSR conditioner, but they were out of stock. Judging from that and recent events at TJMaxx, I am CONVINCED I happen to live around a lot of Nikos' cousins. :lol:

My question to the AO lovers is what should I try? I have used the GPB shampoo once at my SO's mom's house, and it was the only (sulfate OR sulfate-free) shampoo I've ever tried that has not left my hair feeling stripped. I believe a true PJ buys first and asks questions later, but I'm trying to let that part of me go. :giggle:

Thanks ladies!

I saw that too! They were out of the Honey suckle rose, and the Glycogen conditioner. I ended up getting some of the kinky curly products though, so the trip wasn't a complete waste. lol.

I just compare Aubrey last week to look for the better conditioner. I've always used honey rose and white cameilla but here is some ingredient from the ones I've choosen:
I'm looking to try the island natural

AUBREY JOJOBA AND ALOE
INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil, Essential Oil Blend (Cedar, Grapefruit, Rose-Geranium, Lavender), Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

AUBREY CAMILLA

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, White Camellia Oil, Wheat Germ Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

AUBREY ISLAND NATURAL
INGREDIENTS INCI: Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, hydrolyzed sweet almond protein, glycerin, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, pimenta acris (bay) leaf oil, pimenta dioica fruit extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, jojoba esters (jojoba butter), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, cocos nucifera (coconut) fruit juice*, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, viscum album (mistletoe) fruit extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria-German camomile) extract, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, ascorbic acid, achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta carotene.
*Organic

AUBREY HONEY ROSE
INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

AUBREY GPB LAVANDER YLANG
alcohol), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, milk protein, glycerin, citrus paradisi (grapefruit) peel oil*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, cananga odorata (ylang) flower oil*, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, glycine soja (soybean) oil, glycoprotein, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene.
*Organic

Honeysuckle rose, GBP, or White Camellia (all conditoners)...from what i read the shampoos are stripping

I like all their conditioners besides the island naturals too drying
I hate their shampoos too drying
My fave conditioners are honeysuckle rose
gpb
bga
green tea rinse
swimmers

I'm relaxed. I've only tried White Camellia. I've not tried any others and based on how well White Camellia does, I really don't need too.

I do plan on trying HSR to just see what the hype is about with that one. I will also try GPB for the protein when my Joico runs out.

lilsparkle825

i regularly rotate btw:
white camellia
honeysuckle rose
j.a.y
gbp

they all work well for me :) hth and hhg

vitacost.com, vitaminshoppe.com and luckvitamin.com regularly has these conditioners for that price.....i tend to buy 2-3 bottles at a time and order other goodies/essentials (natural cleaning products, herbal tinctures, organic tampons, pads, pantiliners, etc.) as well about every 3-4 months or so.

Last edited:
GBP conditioner is my favourite conditioner ever, staple for life.
White Camellia - my tangles just melt away
Honeysuckle Rose - is also lovely

The White Camellia shampoo was a staple for 4 years, love it and found it very gentle and non-stripping.

The GBP shampoo stripped my hair beyond belief - have never known anything like it :nono: In the end I just used it to clean the bath.

ETA: If the Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Mask it is on sale, it might be worth checking this out also. It stopped my breakage immediately

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine a better conditioner than the AO GPB. Its the best ever and only conditioner anywhere I've tried that worked on my hair.

I don't know WHY I didn't look at White Camellia and recall it from the various threads I've seen on it. I will stalk the HSR until they restock (the sale doesn't end till 4/12) and try that, GPB and WC.

The funny thing is, as many shampoos that LHCF praises, NONE of them have worked for me except maaaayyyybbbbeeee KC Come Clean. I LIKE the GPB shampoo that everyone is saying stripped their hair.

*scratches head (in thought, not because it itches)*

I don't know WHY I didn't look at White Camellia and recall it from the various threads I've seen on it. I will stalk the HSR until they restock (the sale doesn't end till 4/12) and try that, GPB and WC.

The funny thing is, as many shampoos that LHCF praises, NONE of them have worked for me except maaaayyyybbbbeeee KC Come Clean. I LIKE the GPB shampoo that everyone is saying stripped their hair.

*scratches head (in thought, not because it itches)*
lilsparkle825 - BTW you can get AO products on the cheap at vitaglo.com. The HSR and WC are only $6.34, free shipping with $50 orders.

^^Thanks! Shipping is what always kills me, since I don't buy a ton of stuff online....I can never come up with enough stuff/other products in my cart that I actually NEED to justify the cost of shipping, so I might as well buy the 2 or 3 things I'm getting at the store.

Back