Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner

chayil0427

I'm not feeling the ApHogee reconstructor anymore. When I first started using it I was really loving it but now its really not giving me what I'm looking for in a protien and its got zero slip.

My next protien is going to be AO GPB....please post your reviews about this product if you've tried it.:yep:

Chayil

I bought the GPB and also the Honeysuckle Rose. I love the GPB! It smells great and it does actually make my hair feel stronger after using it! I actually stopped using the Aphogee 2min as my main protein con, I took the rest and mixed it with coconut milk, honey, and EVOO. It's now my prepoo:grin:

Allandra converted me as well! My hair likes it. You really do get a good treatment when you use it as a pre-poo as instructed on the bottle.

Pre-poo, slightly better, still no likey.

After poo, aw heyall naw, no likey.

Hair just no likey.:nono:

But it loves some Aveda...:look:

ain't nuttin wrong with being 2nd hair cousins....I won't luv u any less... :lol:

Awww...it's okay we still fam :lol:
I like it best as a pre-poo though. And Aveda it #1 in my book too :yep:

Yep..its my staple protein. As a natural, I dont need that much protein and it gives me just what I need for my strands to stay strong. I tend to use it mixed with other stuff though because Im a mixaholic. I use the mix as a deep conditioner prior to shampooing.....great results.

I highly recommend this product.

I agree with the other ladies. I use the GPB combined with Honeysuckle Rose conditioners as a pre-poo deep condition and my hair loves it! GPB is probably moisturizing enough to use on it's own, but so far my hair loves the combo and I haven't seen breakage in weeks! :grin:

Just one question. For those who use this as a pre poo, do you use a clarifying shampoo afterward? The reason I ask this is because I use it a protein after I clarify. Can this be used as a prepoo and still be effective after a clarifying shampoo?

Just one question. For those who use this as a pre poo, do you use a clarifying shampoo afterward? The reason I ask this is because I use it a protein after I clarify. Can this be used as a prepoo and still be effective after a clarifying shampoo?

I always pre poo before clarifying. I focus most of any conditioner on my ends and length of my hair. I concentrate the shampoo on my scalp & roots. Even without spreading the poo all over, it still cleans your hair without stripping it. Macheir (spelling) talked about this in on of her tutorials.

I agree with the other ladies. I use the GPB combined with Honeysuckle Rose conditioners as a pre-poo deep condition and my hair loves it! GPB is probably moisturizing enough to use on it's own, but so far my hair loves the combo and I haven't seen breakage in weeks! :grin:

Now that sounds great. I am going to have to give that a shot soon.

I like the GPB too. I first purchased AO products after going through the archives here. I saw so many positive threads about it especially the GPB. GPB is a great conditioner. You get a little protein without making your hair hard as bricks but it is effective with dealing with breakage.

I always pre poo before clarifying. I focus most of any conditioner on my ends and length of my hair. I concentrate the shampoo on my scalp & roots. Even without spreading the poo all over, it still cleans your hair without stripping it. Macheir (spelling) talked about this in on of her tutorials.

Thanks for the info.

i wish i had seen this thread earlier, i bought the honeysuckle rose online, i woulda bought this too for my wash tonight. where can i buy this? is it available at walmart?

Now that sounds great. I am going to have to give that a shot soon.quote]

Yeah, gym, you should try this! For some reason my protein conditioners work much better on my dry hair and you're right, the GPB still leaves my hair feeling great. I hope it works out for ya... let us know!

:bump:
where can i purchase this? a BSS, Walmart, or a whole foods type place? or only online?

Dillard, I bought mine at my local natural foods market (we don't have Whole Foods out here in the stix). I think any place that sells natural foods and products or like a vitamin shoppe (GNC-esque) would be a good place to look. If all else fails, I know you can buy online. HTH!

Dillard, I bought mine at my local natural foods market (we don't have Whole Foods out here in the stix). I think any place that sells natural foods and products or like a vitamin shoppe (GNC-esque) would be a good place to look. If all else fails, I know you can buy online. HTH!

k thanx diya! i'll try our local "Room Fulla Nuts" health-food store :) i'm just anxious and wanna use it tonight that's why i didn't want to order it online...

k thanx diya! i'll try our local "Room Fulla Nuts" health-food store :) i'm just anxious and wanna use it tonight that's why i didn't want to order it online...

I know the feeling! I can't wait to use it again :lick:... I think you're gonna love it!

I tried GPB when I first hit the hair boards and it was "okay" -- I've tried other Aubrey condish and I really wanted to like them (the "all natural" kick), but they left my hair just okay. :ohwell: I've concluded my hair likes heavier condish -- nothing, nothing leaves my hair feeling as good as nexxus humectress, which has mineral oil and all that, but that sucka works for me. Nexxus keraphix or motions silk protein is the truth when I need protein and leaves my hair in much better condition than GPB and they both have mineral oil. So I guess my hair is just not PC when it comes to oils . . .

Back