Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner

Sorry, if this has been discussed, but I can't find the 'search' button on my cell. Anyway, does anyone use this or a similar conditioner overnight? Or, is this a major no-no because it's a protein conditioner.

Thanx in advance for any help

I use this overnight all the time. At least once a week. My hair loves it though- my hair loves protein. I tried it after reading that one of my hair idols (lifesacatwalk) does it as well. How does it work for you as a regular DC? Also how does your hair react to protein in general?

I'm not one for overnight conditioning, (can't sleep with 'damp' hair) but I think you will find that it is equal parts Protein & Moisture.:grin:

For me, (Relaxed) it makes my hair very soft and strong at the same time. It is a nice "Balanced" Conditioner. I would say it is 50% Protein & 50% Moisture.

Think of it that way and make your decision.:yep:

Thanx so much for your responses. I have never used this conditioner as a DC Based on the info you have both given, I think I'm gonna give it a try. My hair isn't protein sensitive at all, but I wouldn't use Aphogee 2 minute keratin overnight. But I would use ORS Replenishing Conditioner overnight. I thought that one had a moisture/protein balance. Actually I have used the ORS one overnigt with great results. I had an Egyptian blowout last weekend and really wanna baby my hair now. No visible damage, but that's def a lot of heat. Thanx again ladies!

I don't use it overnight anymore because I am pressed for time. But I still leave it in for hours at a time. I just used it for my last treatment and my hair was so fly.

I use it but not overnight. Glad to hear it has both moisture and protein. No wonder I love it because me and the protein don't get along, even though my hair needs it!! Turns too dry for some reason even with following up with moisture. But love AO GPB!!

I just started using this and it is wonderful!! My hair loves it....I am afraid to DC overnight because if that plastic cap shifts my silk scarf and I wake up w/ a messy pillow.....i am NOT going to be happy LOL! But I do like to DC under the dryer for 30 min then out for another 30 min...thats all I can take because I'm too anxious later to see & feel what my hair is like.

I've used it overnight, and it didn't ruin my hair. My hair is VERY protein sensitive so it did make it a little hard but it wasn't that bad. If your hair likes protein you'll like it. It's a protein condi but its not that heavy.

I've been using this since 2001. I LOVE it. I've used it over night a few times, but it works just as good when left on the hair for 15 minutes or so.

Ladies, thanx so much for your input. I'm gonna def give it a try over night this weekend. I wanna do it overnight because I rarely have enough time to DC properly, so why not give it a try while I'm sleep. Lol. I'm going to flat iron this weekend also. Actually, with the weather getting cooler I'm going to straighten more often (at least every 2 weeks).

Thanx again.

AO GPB is my favorite for deep conditioning. I sometimes add a little raw honey :lick: My hair loves protein, and when I run out, I can tell my hair is missing the strength it offers. I am interested to see how my all natural hair responds to it( I transitioned for 15 months without the big chop). The last time I used it was back in September , so I was dealing with two textures. I don't know if there will be any change- but I know it is a conditioner that I can depend on for excellent, consistent results:yep:!

Back