Attn: Phonytail wearers, some questions

Boadicea

I am going to Florida next month, and then to Ohio after that. I usually wash my hair often in the summer and put my hair up in a ponytail. Thing is, I'm tired of my skinny little ponytail and I was thinking about wearing a fake.

I'm clueless about fake ponytails, but would like to start wearing them as a semi-protective style for vacation and school. I am looking to buy a curly one but I don't want one that screams "dude, check out my fake hair."

Thing is, at the college where I go, you'd be hard pressed to find someone NOT wearing fake hair. I can spot it from a mile away (not a bad thing, just something picked up out of curiousity) and I don't want a shiny, greasy looking ponytail

Here's where I need your expertise:

1. How bad are butterfly clips for your hair? Can they be put in securely without any damage to your hair?

2. How the heck do you put on a drawstring ponytail??? What keeps it from coming off, because I plan on going to lots of themeparks this summer (Cedar Point
love.gif
)

3. Can you swim in them? Do you finger style them? Do you wash them? Can you comb it?

4. The ones from www.especiallyyours.com are synthetic and even the curliest ones don't look like my hair. Do you just have to break them in?

TIA

Hi There!

I think that you should buy your first one somewhere that you can actually go and see them instead of on line. I have a cute curly one that I am taking with me to NY
smile.gif
I got it at an Asian BSS. It was really long and FAKE looking
laugh.gif
--but I cut it to look like my hair when it's rollerset and pulled up into a pony so it doesn't look too fake now. You could do the same to yours !

I buy mine from the Asian BSS... they cost 9.99 a piece and they're cute. I have a straight one, a curly afro one and a curly wavy one. To be honest I don't wear them alot only when I want to dress up right quick.

There's a comb at the top of the ponytail that holds it in place and then you pull the strings to tighen it. You can put bobby pins in it to secure it more if you want. If you plan on wearing them to Cedar point...DEFINITELY bobby pin it in. That Magnum will snatch that ponytail off so quick with all those G-forces and I don't want you caugt out there... LOL

No, I don't think you swim in them... I mean I wouldn't. You can get in the pool and play around but I wouldn't go as far as full out going underwater and stuff.

I'd say go to store and look at them and pick out a couple, they're cheap.

Back