Attn: Florida Residents

MissB

I will be going to Orlando on vacation in a couple of weeks. I asked my hair stylist to make some hair maintenance recommendations. She is originally from Florida and said that I should keep my hair as flat as possible and well moisturized. She also suggested wearing a pony tail because I wouldn't be able to maintain a hairstyle if I am getting on and off rides in the amusement park.

I had also considered daily conditioner washes followed by a leave-in which contains suncreen. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

MissB

a ponytail is a great idea cause the weather is HOT and HUMID. Plus, it rains almost daily usually in the late afternoon like around 5pm.

trust me, I live here, your hair will be a hot mess! lol:)
The only time my hair looks REALLY good is when its freshly done at the salon and that lasts for up to a week depending on if I work out or get it wet at all. When its been flat ironed professionally, it lasts for a while. But if u are going to get it wet, forget it. I think the ponytail is a great idea, then u can just have a good time and not even worry about your hair.

I am constantly fighting this humidity and I rarely win!!

I'm on my way to Orlando next week too! I plan on CO'n with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner; using some Giovanni Direct leave-in and sealing my ends with castor oil. Plus on the daily I'll be spritzing with Surge too! Ponytailing is the way I plan on surviving. We'll see what happens when I get there.

Thanks ChocoKitty. I have the castor oil and Surge but not the conditioners. This will be a good way to use up some of my products.

Ponytail is it. I moved to Fla 9 years ago and I am still not used to this. In Los Angeles, I had natural hair that I got pressed. Here, without a perm, you are a mess! I have found the ponytail to be the best day-to-day style in the summer. The heat and humidity and rainstorms are unbelievable.

::throwing some moisturizer and umbrella into my bag::
I'm on my way!!!
driver.gif

...actually I'm leaving Monday morning... LOL

BTW--Thanks Miss B for starting this topic. I thought about starting one but it slipped my mind.
smile.gif

Thanks for the tip diamonddollfla. And have a good trip ChocoKitty. Please PM me when you return and let me know how you survived.

yeah PM me too, Id be curious to know if anyone ever finds the secret to holding a style in good old FL!! lol:)

Miss B, I stalk down tourists who have a nice looking style(I work at coffee shop part time in a tourist area)! lol...but usually they just say "dont worry, Ill only get to enjoy it for about 10 more minutes and then its over"....lol.

One woman did tell me to try Aveda Spritz bc I saw her two days in a row and her hair looked really nice both days! It looked like a flip that was flat ironed but it hadent reverted at all, it was shiny and swingy and sleek! I was impressed!

If I wouldnt end up sweating it out at the gym, I would get my hair wrapped and flat ironed at the salon every week or every other week, bc thats the best it ever looks. Plus thats quite a bit of intense heat. cant wait to test out my ceramic iron I have coming in the mail though!

lol, Im assuming its a spritz like pump it up or something, except without all the bad ingredients(since Aveda is such a good brand). I know I saw an Aveda store at the mall but Im on product probation right now so I cant go look bc I know Ill probably buy it!

I know that most spritz is supposed to put a layer over the hair that provides hold and a shield against humidity but most have lots of bad alchohols in them and make the hair hard....hers wasnt hard at all, she said just a little bit is needed. This is definitely on my list when my funds get better (I had an $800 vet bill bc my cat was sick and had to have surgery!!!!!!!) now Im BROKE as a joke!

before its done Ill have every hair product known to man, but no electricity or food.....LOL
wink.gif

I think I found it....

Aveda Brilliant Hair Spray

Defend your hair against humidity with this medium hold hair spray for textured or treated hair. Adds brilliant shine and definition. With black tea, certified organic chamomile, calendula, and aloe.
long lasting hold
defies humidity
Adds shine

wow, that sounds really good! Im DEFINITELY trying this....

Back