attn DIY'ers: salon results vs diy

msjones

Do you like your hair better when you do your own relaxer/roller-set/blow-out/flat iron? Or do you like it better when your stylist does it (regardless of all the heat damage)? The reason I ask is everytime I go to the salon, I end up coming home and fixing my hair myself. I only get PERFECT results when I do it myself--but thats after about 5 hours of work. :nono: Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel like I'm the only person who can do my hair correctly... no matter what style... I'm very skeptical of stylists... particularly in Mississippi!

I like it better when it's done by my stylist. My hair always comes out perfectly. I can do my hair ALMOST just as good though, but I just feel extra pampering is what takes it over the top for me.:yep:

I like it better wen my stylist does it it always has more swing an bounce dan wen i do it even if i use the least amount of product so my hair wnt get weighed dwn. (I have very fine hair)

I'm still learning so I guess at this point I like it better when a stylist does my hair.

But that doesn't mean I'll be going back to one!:lachen:

I used to prefer going to my stylist when getting my hair done (straightened), but didn't like how my stylist prepped my hair before doing it. Now that I have the technique down I prefer to do my own hair for occassions where I would want it straight. The results are equal to my stylist's results, I prefer my products to her's, and I feel better about my hair afterwards. If I want something complex that would be impossible for me to do on my own, then I'll see my stylist again. I prefer simple styles, so that won't be happening in the near future.

I used to prefer going to my stylist when getting my hair done (straightened), but didn't like how my stylist prepped my hair before doing it. Now that I have the technique down I prefer to do my own hair for occassions where I would want it straight. The results are equal to my stylist's results, I prefer my products to her's, and I feel better about my hair afterwards. If I want something complex that would be impossible for me to do on my own, then I'll see my stylist again. I prefer simple styles, so that won't be happening in the near future.
That's another thing! I like my products wayy better than the dominican salon I used to go to. Everytime I asked them what a product was they were like "don't worry, mami". wth??

I like my hair better when I do it. I always come home from the salon and do different things with it.

Same here. I have had the hardest time finding a very good hairdresser over the past several years. I would always have to make a lot of adjustments to the style and and additional products.

i prefer it when i do my own hair cause i know what im putting on it and so on but i much prefer my sister doing my hair like trimming or rollersets but we live far away from each other now :nono:

ive been a diy'er my whole life. my stylist who relaxes my hair loves his grease his oil sheen and his hair wax so i really just go to him for a relaxer and i wash my hair the next day. ill vote for myself!

My layers show up more when the hairdresser does it but EW I HATE all the oil sheen they put in my hair even AFTER i tell them to only put small amounts of oil sheen in my hair!! UGH!

Back