ATTN: ALL BRAID WEARERS!!

asummertyme

well now that i have your attention, can we please post our diffrent regimes for extension upkeep.....ex...washing, conditioning, leave-in's, scalp treatments....
i am following the C-n-G, method, but i see nothing on how ofetn to wash, ect....
lets post our methods..
as of right now, i just put in my braids a few days ago, so i am not putting anything on my scalp to avoid build up, and moisturizing my briads 2x a day, with bbs, or infusium....so far this is all i have.......

well, I keep things REALLY simple and I always get tons of new growth, so much so that it's very difficult to even wait 1 week to perm. I'm natural right now but when I grew my hair out I did in it braids and this is what I did....I would wash once per week either with Avalon organic shampoo or CON, it's a little more difficult to rinse out the CON if you ever used it you know why
grin.gif
I would then condition my hair but not with anything really thick, something with the consistency of suave or biolage detangling conditioner. I would then rinse and make sure that you rinse EVERYTHING out b/c you don't want that build up at the root. After that I would oil my scalp with what ever oil I used like carrot oil, or my favorite Tui oil by carols daughter. To be honest, I never used braid spray, I thought it was much to light for me, however I don't have a problem with spraying it on the braids itself. That's it. I'm currently in braids also. I hope to keep them until May (of course getting them redone) and after that I think I'll relax again. HTH

Well, I just wash with the Dr. Bonner's pure Castille Soap (on the scalp only) and then use Cream of Nature - if I am not lazy - on the part with the braids. The Dr. Bonner's will dry the hair out
nono.gif
After that, I put a moisturizer on the braided part. A concoction that seems to work is : Pantene hydrating curls, filtered water, olive oil, Cocoa and shea body butter - shake well in a spritzing bottle and then apply to the braided part. I notice that my hair does not come out crunchy when taking the braid/weave out. Also, I change the braid/weave about every 4 weeks. One other thing that has helped is steaming it
smile.gif

Do you guys have your extentions braided to the end? When I tried washing my wet and wavy medium box braids they slid down the drain along with my 180 bucks! They weren't braided to the end just past my own hair. Could this have been the problem??? I got so much growth that I'm doing it again next month but I'd like to know more about the shampooing and conditioning process.

I have braids that are loose at the ends. I have not washed them yet but I will this week and my regime will be as follows:

Braid into about 6 to 8 big braids and secure the ends with a rubber band ( a tip I got from this site - thanks!)

Cover with a "braid net" that I just bought from Wal-mart to protect braided styles when washing.

Pour water shampoo mixture over my head and focus on washing my scalp.

Rinse well.

Dry under my hooded dryer while still in the braids. (This will leave my hair crinkly and I'm not sure I'm going want to wear them like that all the time. I'll cross that bridge when I get there)

Oil my scalp with (I forget the name of it)a scalp oil by Organic Root Stimulator. It's for itchy scalp and it has a nozzle on it to get right to the scalp without making a mess.

Spray with Infusium 23 and African Royal braid spray.

I am going to see how my braids hold up from my first wash to decide how often I'm going to wash. I would love to wash every week but I may have to stretch to every two weeks.

For Daily Maintenance I was spraying with Infusium 23 and my braid spray but I may cut down infusium to 2 or 3 times a week. I also oil my ends with Africa's Best hair oil when they start getting rough.

That's it for now. The next time I get braids I think I will get pixie's so that I won't have to go to as much trouble to wash them and keep them looking nice.

i have braids right now only braided past my own hair
i washed them last night since i 1st got them which i think was 3 or 4 wks ago
ive neva had ne probelm with them slippin' out prolly tho cuz my hair is naturel
i usually wash 1nce a wk and spray several times daily
right now im using wonder oil motions leave in conditioner and agphogee keratin and green tea reconstructer

I currently have individuals that I did myself...
And basically I have the same regimen as Chanteuse and it works very well for me so far!

I'm a frequent braid wearer; my routine is also very simple:

-Wash every two weeks
-Spray scalp and body of braids every evening with my homemade Rosemary Spritz (I added Vanilla fragrance oil to my newest batch and it smells even more delicious
smile.gif
)
-Massage scalp every evening after spritzing it.

And that's it. My spritz consists of water, rosemary eo and vitamin e oil which seal the moisture in.

OK ladies, I am back in braids and my routine is as follows:

Daily co washes
Wash once weekly with shampoo
Spray daily with either S-curl or CD Hair Milk with water added
Hopefully these will stay in for 2 months.

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
Do you guys have your extentions braided to the end? When I tried washing my wet and wavy medium box braids they slid down the drain along with my 180 bucks! They weren't braided to the end just past my own hair. Could this have been the problem??? I got so much growth that I'm doing it again next month but I'd like to know more about the shampooing and conditioning process.

[/ QUOTE ]
my braids r braided pretty far down past my own hair and and notted ....its a little slip =knot the stylist use to secure the braid, i find human hair when washed tangles and slips out after washing , that is why i chose sythenthetic this time...

Hi
wave.gif

I have just taken out my cornrow extensions. My regime was as follows:

Daily or every other day - rinse scalp with water
2 x week - wash & condition mixing with water in a jug first
Daily - African Pride braid spray in weeks 1 & 2. Weeks 3 & 4 - Surge & S-curl on my scalp. This was when I managed to find Surge in London.

I found that by doing daily rinsing the extensions came out easier when they were taken out.

Sam

I just took a long break from wearing braids and now I'm back. I only wash them once a week using a squirt bottle that contains some Pantene shampoo diluted in water. I massage my head gently to clean it, focusing on the hair near the scalp. Then rinse with water, towel blot a little then spray it with hot six oil-that's it! I don't use an actual conditioner with braids.If it needs moisture I spray a little bit of curl activator in it.

I'm also a frequent braid wearer; Here's my regime:

Shampoo hair with Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn & Egg conditioning shampoo every two weeks;

Condition with Home Health Olive & Aloe conditioner(very moisturising and washes out of braids completely);

Spray Surge hair revitalizer;

Spray Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn leave in conditioner;

Better braids spray &

Spray infusium 23 twice a week

I clean my scalp every two to three days with ORS Herbal cleanse.

1. Spray my scalp and braids with Surge hair revitalizer daily, and afterwards spray scalp/braids with better braids oil daily
2. Shampoo once a week with Creme of Nature Herba-rich shampoo, and then repeat step one and let air dry

Pradalover
Where in London did you find Surge? Has it worked for you?
[ QUOTE ]
pradalover said:
Hi
wave.gif

I have just taken out my cornrow extensions. My regime was as follows:

Daily or every other day - rinse scalp with water
2 x week - wash & condition mixing with water in a jug first
Daily - African Pride braid spray in weeks 1 & 2. Weeks 3 & 4 - Surge & S-curl on my scalp. This was when I managed to find Surge in London.

I found that by doing daily rinsing the extensions came out easier when they were taken out.

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ladies. I don't think that you should deep condition your hair while in braids (definitely not with protein) b/c you can't be sure that you will be able to rinse it all out and don't want to have that residue in your hair. You should be ok as long as you keep moisture in your hair and give yourself a protein treatment when you take your braids out.

I STILL have not washed my hair and my scalp is itching like crazy!! I've just been so busy! Maybe today or tomorrow.

I'm worried about my braids. I had them done last Friday. The ladies were fast, but they made the braids a little smaller than I'd wanted. They are not micros, but there are so many. And they are a bit heavy. My real hair is kind of long, and I'm scared it will break off. I already took out a few braids around the edges, because I didn't want the stress of a long braid hanging from the thinner, delicate edges. How long should i leave it in? How small or large are your braids, girls?

Back