Attention:....finger coils....twists.....sleep?

LongHairDreams

Im thinking about doing some finger twists on my TWA (thanks LadyKaypnyc and your YouTube videos!!)

I was wondering how do you all sleep on them? It seems like they would get flattened during the night. Usually when I wear a style I don't want to mess up, I do my "hug the pillow, lie on my stomach and prop my chin up" thing :look:. Is there another way? Is there a way to "revive" them in the morning? I just don't want all that work to be a waste.

i haven't figured it out either... i usually just do a quick rinse under the shower... not sopping wet though cuz u don't want it to take all day to dry... i thinks sum folks can spray theirs back to life but i can't

Hello, I wore fingercurls for 2 years straight during my grow-out phase. I would wear them a week at a time and then redo. I slept on a satin pillow case. Yes, some would flatten from sleep, but to maintain them daily, I'd take about 10 mins in the morning to spritz the limp ones and re-twist the curls with just a little gel and I was good. You shouldn't have to do the whole head, I would normally just do the front, the back didn't bother me, if it was a little frizzy. I loved my fingercurls after day 3 because they filled out nicely and looked better each day. HTH.

I love ladykay's videos on youtube!!!

I have to keep peepin' them because she is definitely my hairtwin!!

Last edited:
Im thinking about doing some finger twists on my TWA (thanks LadyKaypnyc and your YouTube videos!!)

I was wondering how do you all sleep on them? It seems like they would get flattened during the night. Usually when I wear a style I don't want to mess up, I do my "hug the pillow, lie on my stomach and prop my chin up" thing :look:. Is there another way? Is there a way to "revive" them in the morning? I just don't want all that work to be a waste.

LOL! girl that's funny...but oh so true. I just sleep in a satin cap, but I have never had finger coils either.

Hello, I wore fingercurls for 2 years straight during my grow-out phase. I would wear them a week at a time and then redo. I slept on a satin pillow case. Yes, some would flatten from sleep, but to maintain them daily, I'd take about 10 mins in the morning to spritz the limp ones and re-twist the curls with just a little gel and I was good. You shouldn't have to do the whole head, I would normally just do the front, the back didn't bother me, if it was a little frizzy. I loved my fingercurls after day 3 because they filled out nicely and looked better each day. HTH.

Ahhh. Ok, thanks!!

And i love my satin pillow case.

Hey girls! Thanks for watching my video:grin:

I just spray my hair with a wet leave in the morning...since our hair likes to coil up, the finger coils are really easy to maintain. You might have to redo some in the morning, but just 2-3, not your whole head.

The smaller you do them, the longer they will last. Just sleep with a satin pillow case (the most ideal method) or a bonnet, not a scarf:yep:

Last edited:
I love ladykay's videos on youtube!!!

I have to keep peepin' them because she is definitely my hairtwin!!

Completely OT...sorry:ohwell:

I love the style (in your fotki) with the flat twists and the afro puffs, but I can't seem to get it to look right on my hair:wallbash::wallbash:

What did you use to secure the flat twists? bobby pins?

Have you tried the finger coils yet? Maybe you won't need any special means to get them to stay. I slept on mine and they stayed and did not flatten or if they did, they unflattened very quickly after I got up. I didn't have to do anything to them. My twists, twistouts, coils, coilouts, etc. all look the same from day to day w/o any extra work.

Have you tried the finger coils yet? Maybe you won't need any special means to get them to stay. I slept on mine and they stayed and did not flatten or if they did, they unflattened very quickly after I got up. I didn't have to do anything to them. My twists, twistouts, coils, coilouts, etc. all look the same from day to day w/o any extra work.

I haven't done the finger coils yet but I just did some two-strand twists. I did my sleep method so they wouldn't flatten. I guess I could try to sleep regular to see what happens.

Back