ATTENTION All ALOE RID Users...question

MissYocairis

I have been using Nexxus Aloe Rid shampoo about once every 10 days and I love it. But, I went on Nexxus' website yesterday and realized that I might be missing a very KEY component in the Nexxus Chelating process and that is the Nexxus Aloe Rid TREATMENT (in the conditioners) section. It's sold in a tube and both product use instructions say to use one with the other.

So, is my hair not as clarified as I originally thought because I didn't know about the 2nd step? Is anyone using the 2nd step with the poo? Feedback?
:confused: :( :ohwell:

I have been looking for the Aloe rid treatment also, they haven't had it in the Trade Secret's lately, I think the Aloe rid poo by it self just clarifies and by using the treatment right behind it actually Deep Cleanses inside and out, which I think is the more intense/chelating process, but nevertheless this is the best clarifying poo I ever used. So I can only imagine what my hair will be like if I use the Aloe Rid treatment in conjuction w/it the next time.

I see what you are saying. The poo says gentle clarifying shampoo & is in a bottle and the matching conditioner is in a tube & says deep clarifying solution. I guess both work as synergists & they probably know their stuff better than anyone. I love the generic version so much that when i'm finished i'm getting the real deal. This seems like an outstanding product and I dont buy many fancy products so thats saying something to me.

Long time nexxus aloe rid user here, 4b relaxed and an avid swimmer and diver. My two cents is unless you have "swimmers hair" which would be residue that clings to hair like minerals and salts from the sea or chemicals like chlorine from the pool, I would NOT recommend the aloe rid treatment because it is extremely drying and strips hair. I've tried it when doing a lot of swimming/diving and found it to be way over the top for my needs. The aloe rid poo by itself has all the necessary ingredients to properly clarify my hair, even when I do a lot of swimming. The treatment, IMO, is for those who may want to strip there hair completely -- like removing color, bleach, etc. from hair. I think its an extreme product that I wouldn't use ever again. I use aloe rid sparingly, like once every 6 weeks or so and a bit more when I do a lot of swimming.

BTW, I'm a nexxus lover and addict and use (or have tried) pretty much their entire line for last 15 years or so. . . .HTH

Thanx for your wise advise Neroli. I think I will probably use the nexxus gentle clarifying poo every 2-3 weeks because of all the heavy conditioner and hair dressings that I use on the length. I think I will be o.k since I only lather once and only use a smidgen in each section of clipped hair.

Neroli said:
Long time nexxus aloe rid user here, 4b relaxed and an avid swimmer and diver. My two cents is unless you have "swimmers hair" which would be residue that clings to hair like minerals and salts from the sea or chemicals like chlorine from the pool, I would NOT recommend the aloe rid treatment because it is extremely drying and strips hair. I've tried it when doing a lot of swimming/diving and found it to be way over the top for my needs. The aloe rid poo by itself has all the necessary ingredients to properly clarify my hair, even when I do a lot of swimming. The treatment, IMO, is for those who may want to strip there hair completely -- like removing color, bleach, etc. from hair. I think its an extreme product that I wouldn't use ever again. I use aloe rid sparingly, like once every 6 weeks or so and a bit more when I do a lot of swimming.

BTW, I'm a nexxus lover and addict and use (or have tried) pretty much their entire line for last 15 years or so. . . .HTH

Your comments were a HHUUUUGE help to me. Thanks! :clapping:

foxybrownsugar said:
I see what you are saying. The poo says gentle clarifying shampoo & is in a bottle and the matching conditioner is in a tube & says deep clarifying solution. I guess both work as synergists & they probably know their stuff better than anyone. I love the generic version so much that when i'm finished i'm getting the real deal. This seems like an outstanding product and I dont buy many fancy products so thats saying something to me.

You and me both, FBS! :p

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I have been looking for the Aloe rid treatment also, they haven't had it in the Trade Secret's lately, I think the Aloe rid poo by it self just clarifies and by using the treatment right behind it actually Deep Cleanses inside and out, which I think is the more intense/chelating process, but nevertheless this is the best clarifying poo I ever used. So I can only imagine what my hair will be like if I use the Aloe Rid treatment in conjuction w/it the next time.

"this is the best clarifying poo I ever used."

Let me ask you BWE, have you noticed that your hair feels really clean but not STRIPPED like with other clarifying poos?

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I don't use the 2nd step. At one of the Beauty Supply Stores I frequent one of the clerk's told me the 2nd step was drying.

That's good to know before I go out here and hurt myself trying to get clean hair! ;)

Yes, my hair actually feels like I use the moisturizing poo instead, because when I used Suave it never left my hair feeling super soft and moist. BTW I did go out today and purchased the Aloe Rid treatment, along w/the Emergencee and the Epitome, I also picked up some Roux porosity contro (I hope my PJism is not triing to resurface, LOL), anyway I will be triing this first thing in the morning and will let my hair be the judge to see if it too driing or not, if not I will be on the safe side and only use the Aloe Rid poo and treatment together once every 4 to 6wks.
CantBeCopied said:
"this is the best clarifying poo I ever used."

Let me ask you BWE, have you noticed that your hair feels really clean but not STRIPPED like with other clarifying poos?

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Yes, my hair actually feels like I use the moisturizing poo instead, because when I used Suave it never left my hair feeling super soft and moist. BTW I did go out today and purchased the Aloe Rid treatment, along w/the Emergencee and the Epitome, I also picked up some Roux porosity contro (I hope my PJism is not triing to resurface, LOL), anyway I will be triing this first thing in the morning and will let my hair be the judge to see if it too driing or not, if not I will be on the safe side and only use the Aloe Rid poo and treatment together once every 4 to 6wks.

Oh please let us know how the treatment works in conjunction with the poo! And, you are going to do a protein (Emergencee) treatment followed by a deep cond? Isn't Epitome a protein treatment too? Are you mixing them? Do share your Nexxus regimen with us.

Ok so this is my result of using the Aloe Rid treatment along w/the poo. Yes it is exactly what it says deep cleansing, but it did not leave my hair feel as if it was stripped of all it's moisture/oils. It felt way better than my Suave poo left me, I was able to comb through my hair and only had one strand in the comb. I followed the direction to the T, leaving the poo on for 3min and the treatment for 3min, and then I followed w/ 3 pumps of Humectress and 1 1/2 pumps of keraphix mixed, combed through (3 hairs in the comb this time :grin: my hair is definately getting stronger compaired to last wash day) I left this on for 3min and rinsed. My hair feels fabulous and will be using this once a month to insure I have no product buildup and to make sure my hair can receive the best results from my Nexxus products. I am soooooooooo happy that I finally found a product line that I can definately stick to and continue to see great results. :cool:

@CantBeCopied- I didn't do the Emergencee treatment today nor did I use the Epitome, I actually purchased the Epitome to try the conditioning treament called Omni Pak deep conditioning treatment which consist of the Nexxus Epitome, Keraphix, Humectress and Botanic oil mixed, I was missing two of the ingredience and decided to pick them up while they were buy one get the other 50% off.

Thanks for the review BeautifulWideEyes and thanks for this thread CantBeCopied! When my generic is finished I will be purshasing both. :assimilat

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Ok so this is my result of using the Aloe Rid treatment along w/the poo. Yes it is exactly what it says deep cleansing, but it did not leave my hair feel as if it was stripped of all it's moisture/oils. It felt way better than my Suave poo left me, I was able to comb through my hair and only had one strand in the comb. I followed the direction to the T, leaving the poo on for 3min and the treatment for 3min, and then I followed w/ 3 pumps of Humectress and 1 1/2 pumps of keraphix mixed, combed through (3 hairs in the comb this time :grin: my hair is definately getting stronger compaired to last wash day) I left this on for 3min and rinsed. My hair feels fabulous and will be using this once a month to insure I have no product buildup and to make sure my hair can receive the best results from my Nexxus products. I am soooooooooo happy that I finally found a product line that I can definately stick to and continue to see great results. :cool:

:eek: :D KOOL! I think I may have found a little "project" for this weekend. ;) Thanks, DI. :yep:

I have used the Aloe Rid Shampoo to clarify my hair. But I usually only used the treatment and the shampoo after I have been swimming. You don't NEED both to clarify.

Nikki02 said:
I have used the Aloe Rid Shampoo to clarify my hair. But I usually only used the treatment and the shampoo after I have been swimming. You don't NEED both to clarify.

I know, but to "CHELATE" do you need both?

Back