Atn:home relaxers!! what is the best....

goldensugar23

Okay ladies i decided to relax my own hair yesterday.I'm so tired of waiting at the salon and them not having the relaxer i want..so i have to settle for whatever they have.Like that old ass fabulaxer they put in my hair(it worked pretty well though) :D

Anyway I used the olive oil relaxer by hair organics i think.It came out pretty good,I just followed the directions and did a lot of smoothing.I think I'll do this again it was easy and i saved myself like 40 bucks!!

However my hair is a little dry,Maybe it was the way i dried it??I dried it in a wet wrap under the dryer until about 70% dry then airdried the rest.I put wrapping lotion and a little ntm leave-in cream in it.
After i took out the wrap looked dry so i flat ironed it with a special mix of oils i have and brought it back.

Maybe it was the relaxer?Can you ladies give me some tips on what is a great relaxer that is moisturizing? :)
Also tips on how I can not have my hair look dry after a relaxer..maybe mixing in oils..ect.

thanx so much

Last edited:
Did you deep condition (20-30 minutes w/ heat or 1 hour w/o) your hair after rinsing and neutralizing? Relaxing can strip the hair of moisture, so you might want to deep condition your hair over the next couple of weeks.

I have used Optimum No-lye I got good results. I now use Elucene Normal with great results.

In terms of the dryness. I used Nexxus Humectress with heat for 30 mins each time I wash. This is really great if you use a No-lye relaxer.

HTH

Auntybe

LiqueXX said:
Did you deep condition (20-30 minutes w/ heat or 1 hour w/o) your hair after rinsing and neutralizing? Relaxing can strip the hair of moisture, so you might want to deep condition your hair over the next couple of weeks.

Oh yes I always deep condition.My hair doesnt look right if i dont.I used the replenishing pack that came with the relaxer kit.I guess I should have used my humectress. :p

Thanx for the responses ladies...i think i will try soft and beautiful,I have heard great things about it before.

Any other suggestions please keep it coming!

kia said:
I love Soft & Beautiful no-lye relaxer.

I just used this last week and must say it is really nice. I used it at a salon (brought the relaxer with me) I may end up just doing a self touch up one day. I just need to get the courage to do it. :perplexed God bless you all.

Back