Asience - Deep Nourish (Gold) Series

Miamori

I posted in a few threads about Asience a while back. I began using it about a year and a half ago.

It's a Japanese line being advertised on the board right now. I prefer and recommend the gold line most. It's known as the original or deep nourish series, and is designed to be the most moisturizing. (Don't be fooled, the moisture balance series is not as moisturizing.) I actually had a moisture overload using the deep nourish line before I understood the concept of balance - I was using only that particular conditioner to cowash for a while. My hair NEVER felt more supple, especially once I began balancing my hair. It always felt like I was deep conditioning with leaf extracts and natural oils from the Garden of Eden, even when I air dried or did prety much nothing to my hair, and without a ton of extra treatments or messing with styling my hair.

Other Series:

20080408.162357_asience.jpg

(There is a silver line, called moisture balance. To my knowledge, this is just the basic shampoo and conditioner. I have tried this, and don't like it nearly as much. I think it would do more for me if I were to get more than enough elasticity from the original line again. The way my hair reacts to the moisture balance line, my guess is that it would keep my hair from becoming too soft if I were using the original series most of the time.

index05_img_01.jpg

There is also a brown-bronze line, for shine, called shine therapy. I haven't used this one, just because my hair is usually shiny anyway.)

Deep Nourish (Gold):

asience%283%29.jpg

There are products being added to the gold line all the time now. I found that just the shampoo and conditioner were essential for my hair, and didn't try the water spray, or the deep treatment, or mask. I believe they have more products with that line now too. :grin: After looking into the ingredients and looking over reviews, I think the mask and deep treatment especially, which were introduced AFTER I began using the line, are designed to balance your hair as needed.

I stopped using the line when I learned about sulfates and things, and when I wanted to exclusively try Ayurvedic haircare for a bit. The ingredients in Asience seemed harsh and scary, so I wante to try only natural products for a while. My hair did well, but looking back, it didn't feel the same, and my hair was fine with Asience, and I had worse imbalance issues with just using my coconut and Ayurvediic bars and things, so what will happen, will happen, I guess. :look:

I've been meaning to buy the line again, to have something that I know is extremely moisturizing for my hair, but haven't had the money lately.

Maybe I will sell some of my other products and get back to it. :look:

A good place to buy:

I find the prices on eBay and Amazon for Asience tend to be way jacked (haven't looked lately), but sasa.com is a good place to buy, especially if there are other Asian beauty products you like or would like to try.

http://www.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/searchProduct.jspa?x=1&categoryId=201050000&keyword=asience&

They don't have the deep nourish shampoo listed, or the shine therapy conditioner, but since they are like Ulta or Sephora, I've contacted them about a particular beauty product before (face wash), and they found some and got it to me.

ETA: Sasa added the Shine Therapy shampoo as I was creating this thread - I think they just do a good job of keeping inventory up do date. I'm sure the deep nourish shampoo will crop up there again at some point, or a request can just be sent, as I said. They were accommodating for me with another product.

There also also Amazon and eBay vendors, as I mentioned. I've found that most of them now sell the bottle versions with pumps.

Sasa does NOT list all the products. It takes some exttra searching to hunt them all out.

Ingredients:

Oh, I also forgot to post the ingredients. I know the deal, ladies.

Deep Nourish Shampoo:

Water, ammonium laureth sulfate, alcohol, glycol distearate, lauramidopropyl betaine, dimethicone, myristyl alcohol, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide mea, isodecyl glyceryl ether, malic acid, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, glycine soja(soybean protein), panax ginseng root extract, camellia japonica seed oil, hydrolyzed conchiolin protein, polyquaternium-10, polyquaternium-7, laureth-4, laureth-16, BIS(C13-15 alkoxy) PG amodimethicone, sodium benzoate, butylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, toluene sulfonic acid, potassium hydroxide, caramel, fragrance

Can't find it for the conditioner, and I don't really recommend anything but the deep nourish shampoo and conditioner, of the 4 products I've tried.

The key things, according to them are pearl and soybean essence for repair, korean ginseng and camellia oil essence for moisture, and eucalyptus essence for protection. I don't know about all that, but I know whatever combo they use works out for me. :yep:

But it's for Asian hair....?

Oh, and I also meant to address the concern that might arise over the line being for "Asian hair." My opinion, which i believe many board members share, is that all hair needs the same things, because it's made of the same stuff, at its base - just depending on the texture and what is done to the hair, different heads need certain things more than others, even between races. Hence, we can use "white products" and aren't relegated to sticking to any and everything marketing toward black women, much of which is crap. I am not going to even delve into how problematic it is to categorize hair just on the basis of race, without taking into consideration the texture itself, or what the head of hair has gone through.

Anywho, the line came out of Japan, and is especially designed to deal with much of what Japanese women, particularly younger or more fashionable girls and women (the company markets to them in particular by using certain hot actresses and celebrities, like Ziyi Zhang), put their hair through, like bleaching, then dying over it, perming and relaxing, and so on. As we all know, a lot of this is what some of us sometimes do as well. I've personally bleached my hair twice, dyed over al that once, and I relax. The ends are the most delicate, since that's the area with the 2x bleaching and the overlapped relaxers (that were also harsh).

Anywho, so what I am saying is that I believe regardless of the line's origin, it's great for hair in general, particularly a black woman's, and especially for you ladies who relax, dye, or just need a lot of moisture and want your hair to be supple.

And yes, there is protein and sulfates up in there, at least in the shampoo, but I stick by what I say. Moisture and juicy feeling hair. Oh, I also like the scent. It IS perfumey, for ladies who can't stand that. It smells like old school Oil of Olay lotion and sweet flowers to me.

Last edited:
Thanks for this review. I was wondering about it and had finally clicked the link out of curiousity, but it doesn't give much info.

So the nourish shampoo has alcohol?

I use this line when im overseas [southeast asia] and yes its awesome..but i havent used it in a while since i've been in the states for a while now.

Thanks for this review. I was wondering about it and had finally clicked the link out of curiousity, but it doesn't give much info.

So the nourish shampoo has alcohol?

:yep: It has all kinds of things in it, including that, but like the two ladies who've posted have said, and like I said, it is a wonderful line.

I used it for a while, without any other products, and my hair did much better than it had in years. I did not find it damaging at all.

Since eajaye2u likes the essence lotion, maybe I will try the other products when I can. I need a new daily moisturizer. I have a few, but use them for very specific purposes.

Last edited:
I've been debating on trying either this line or Shiseido's Tsubaki Golden Repair line. With this, I may push to try Asience... thanks for the peer pressure! :lachen:

Oh, Asience products are also availible on http://www.webichi.com! I like Japanese products too much lol

Last edited:
I've been debating on trying either this line or Shiseido's Tsubaki Golden Repair line. With this, I may push to try Asience... thanks for the peer pressure! :lachen:

Oh, Asience products are also availible on http://www.webichi.com! I like Japanese products too much lol

Ooooh, and without the outrageous prices too. Thanks.

Ok, and you like K-pop... and J-pop... we should do the :brainy: thing one day.

Ooooh, and without the outrageous prices too. Thanks.

Ok, and you like K-pop... and J-pop... we should do the :brainy: thing one day.

You're welcome! (:

I am up :brainy:ing it up any time! There aren't many of us (us being j/k-music fans) on here. :ninja:

Back