AshleyMadison.com... what do u think?

smwrigh3

So I am watching Tyra and her topic is on the website AshelyMadison.com that allows married people to have affairs with other married people.... :nono::nono::nono:

What do you think!?

I know this may seem like a simple question but my roommate actually has no problem with the website :ohwell: so I thought I would I poll my "cousins"... lol

Last edited:
Um, that it's wrong?

I have been told that the "founder" says that in any business, including his, you find a need and fill it. This may be true, but the wisest and richest men I have met/read about have made reasonable efforts to create and market products that did not cause harm to others. If someone has to suffer for you or your product to prosper, you are in the wrong business. I believe that this man will be punished in inexplicable ways for his choices.

I hate to see marriage torn down and degraded, but if more people held it in reverence, there would be no market for this in the first place.

Um, that it's wrong?

I have been told that the "founder" says that in any business, including his, you find a need and fill it. This may be true, but the wisest and richest men I have met/read about have made reasonable efforts to create and market products that did not cause harm to others. If someone has to suffer for you or your product to prosper, you are in the wrong business. I believe that this man will be punished in inexplicable ways for his choices.

I hate to see marriage torn down and degraded, but if more people held it in reverence, there would be no market for this in the first place.

I agree and The founder is married! :nono:

I agree and The founder is married! :nono:

Yeah, I heard. He also seems to think that his wife would neeeeever cheat on him...which is ironic and hilarious to me because a) he is a hypocrite and b) she could be rotating them out like underwear and he would not know. Women are altogether better at cheating than men.

While I don't agree with the site, I believe ultimately the people who use it are to blame.

Watching the first man was so painful though. :nono: When I saw him I thought, "Wow, I could never cheat on SO for that reason alone..."

And Tyra was so rude to him... she knows if he was a woman she wouldn't have said half the things she did.

While I don't agree with the site, I believe ultimately the people who use it are to blame.

Watching the first man was so painful though. :nono: When I saw him I thought, "Wow, I could never cheat on SO for that reason alone..."

And Tyra was so rude to him... she knows if he was a woman she wouldn't have said half the things she did.

I didn't see the show, but I agree with the bolded. I don't agree with it on a moral basis and would never consider doing business that way, but this guy is not causing anyone to cheat. He's facilitating it, but if it wasn't his site, it'd be something else.

wow, almost 3 million members...although I would agree with alot of the stats of people cheating and being unhappily married or unfullfilled, this site only adds to the problem that creates these sorts of problems in the first place....not being true to the self and being honest about needs, wants and feelings.....just perpetuates more dishonesty which will in turn lead to more destructive relationships on a larger scale.....but if one is that unhappy or feels they need to step outside of marriage honesty needs to addressed to the people it will affect...alot of us can't handle honesty(telling it or receiving it) on either end so our actions tend to drive us to try to find ourselves and fullfillment in other ways and this site plays on our collective conscious inability to deal with issues of honesty and truth

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the site. The people who use the service are to blame. Instead of them putting time, money, and energy into working on their marriage, seeing a counselor or psychologist or whatever...they choose to commit adultery plain and simple. Sure the website makes it easier, but I don't knock the creator for making that money. If these men/women would honor their marriage vows the founder would be in the poor house with this business.

Back