Asha's Green Tea and Omega Oil

cocopuff

Today I received my second order of Asha's products. I ordered the Silk Rose leave-in conditioner, the Roots stimulating serum, and the Shea What?! hair pomade. I am happy with the products that I ordered. I particularly like the Silk Rose because it has a nice fresh,fragrant scent and leaves my hair feeling so soft. However, I have just spotted another product on Asha's website called the Green Tea, which I am considering purchasing. The problem is I do not know what the purpose of the product is. I understand that it is a leave-in conditioner like the Silk Rose, but I do not understand what differentiates it from the Silk Rose. In other words, if I have the Silk Rose, why purchase the Green Tea?

I am also interested in purchasing the Omega Oil, but am not sure if it is a styling oil or if it is to be used only on the ends and for straightening purposes. I am interested in this product, but don't want to use it as a styling oil and have it leave my hair greasey. I would appreciate any responses.

landakaye said:
I think Asha has the Omega Oil listed for both styling oil and using it on your ends.

Thanks. I sent her an e-mail a couple of days ago, but have not yet gotten a response.

Green Tea is not as thick, and more water based (less glycerin) than the Silk Rose, from what I can tell. It is infused with and extensive list of herbs and some essential oils. It comes out as a light mist. It's great for a daily spritzing to refresh the hair, twist styles, and giving dry hair a dose of moisture throughout the day. It will definitely become a favorite come the hot summer months.

Omega oil I use mostly when I wear my hair straight. Sometimes, if I don't feel like using a heavier product, and I just want to add sheen and fragrance, I'll use a few drops on my wash and wear. And I think it would be good to add to your ends if you are wearing twist or braid styles. I think it can be used as any other oil would, but the ingredients are noted as being extremely beneficial for keeping your ends in shape. It's a light oil, and I'll use a little for all over shine and protection on my pressed hair, but I do specifically concentrate on the ends. I actually used it yesterday when I pressed (added a few drops throughout before heat) and this morning before styling. Not greasy at all in my opinion, I use a light application, so never have a problem.

You can definitely email Asha, she can give you a better understanding of the various uses of her products and the ingredients used. Hope I helped a little at least!

so1913 said:
Green Tea is not as thick, and more water based (less glycerin) than the Silk Rose, from what I can tell. It is infused with and extensive list of herbs and some essential oils. It comes out as a light mist. It's great for a daily spritzing to refresh the hair, twist styles, and giving dry hair a dose of moisture throughout the day. It will definitely become a favorite come the hot summer months.

Omega oil I use mostly when I wear my hair straight. Sometimes, if I don't feel like using a heavier product, and I just want to add sheen and fragrance, I'll use a few drops on my wash and wear. And I think it would be good to add to your ends if you are wearing twist or braid styles. I think it can be used as any other oil would, but the ingredients are noted as being extremely beneficial for keeping your ends in shape. It's a light oil, and I'll use a little for all over shine and protection on my pressed hair, but I do specifically concentrate on the ends. I actually used it yesterday when I pressed (added a few drops throughout before heat) and this morning before styling. Not greasy at all in my opinion, I use a light application, so never have a problem.

You can definitely email Asha, she can give you a better understanding of the various uses of her products and the ingredients used. Hope I helped a little at least!

Thank You for your response, I appreciate it. I am still waiting on a response from Asha regarding this inquiry. However, thank you for your help. I might just go ahead and order the Green Tea anyway because I was already going to place another order for the Roots serum. I only ordered the 1 oz. bottle in my last order, but looking at it after my first applicatoin, I don't think it will last that long.

Back