As Promised...How I Dust My Ends

beautiful video and just lovely hair!!!!

I just suscribed and I cant believe that I hadn't already done it...

Nice video and pretty hair. What is the purpose of the 2nd and 3rd method of trimming you shared?

I think she said it was to get to the hairs that don't end at the same level as the majority of her hair. Those smaller hairs may be higher up, so she uses the second two methods (the bending and the twisting) to make those smaller hairs protrude/visible so that she can dust them.

I think she said it was to get to the hairs that don't end at the same level as the majority of her hair. Those smaller hairs may be higher up, so she uses the second two methods (the bending and the twisting) to make those smaller hairs protrude/visible so that she can dust them.

Yes, but I still don't understand why cut those hairs. So she cut the lower hairs because they were split or scraggly. She says that there's nothing wrong with the shorter hairs; she cuts them even though they aren't split or scraggly. They're just shorter.

Thank you for taking the time to post. I've been a D.I.Yer for about 12yrs but still go to the salon for my trims, I want to start doing this for myself and this is just what I needed.:yep:

She said it feels like it gives it a new start.....
Yes, but I still don't understand why cut those hairs. So she cut the lower hairs because they were split or scraggly. She says that there's nothing wrong with the shorter hairs; she cuts them even though they aren't split or scraggly. They're just shorter.

Nice video and pretty hair. What is the purpose of the 2nd and 3rd method of trimming you shared?

It removes split ends through out there hair...This is common...You see people get trims only at the bottom of their hair and they are left with horrible split ends throughout their entire head...

Exactly...This removes split ends throughout the different lengths of your hair..

She said it feels like it gives it a new start.....

Hey ShopAholic

Everyone does not have to cut hair to give it a new start....Dusting your ends is not the same as search and destroy method...They are two different things...

Dusting is removing just the tips of the hair to keep your ends healthy and stretch out your trims....I'm just using the same concept

oh I know I was just trying to answer her question, I thought she wanted to know why you trimmed using method 2 and 3 if there were no splits there. I know all about those methods and the difference btwn the two.
Hey ShopAholic

Everyone does not have to cut hair to give it a new start....Dusting your ends is not the same as search and destroy method...They are two different things...

Dusting is removing just the tips of the hair to keep your ends healthy and stretch out your trims....I'm just using the same concept

oh I know I was just trying to answer her question, I thought she wanted to know why you trimmed using method 2 and 3 if there were no splits there. I know all about those methods and the difference btwn the two.

Hahahaha...I see...Well hopefully that helped her...I did explain it briefly in the beginning video about split ends throughout the hair..Maybe I should have spent more time explaining about it :look:

My hair is getting longer but less full. The splitting up the hair shaft may be the reason why. Thanks so much for this video, Traycee. God bless you. You have helped many women!! :blowkiss:

Hahahaha...I see...Well hopefully that helped her...I did explain it briefly in the beginning video about split ends throughout the hair..Maybe I should have spent more time explaining about it :look:

Oh, okay, it's to get splits! I remembered you saying there were splits throughout the hair, but then around 4:20 you said you cut them whether they were scraggly or not, so I got a little confused.

Oh, okay, it's to get splits! I remembered you saying there were splits throughout the hair, but then around 4:20 you said you cut them whether they were scraggly or not, so I got a little confused.

Oh yeah I can see how it can be a little confusing...

Thank goodness that e-mail was sent to you as a reminder to make this video. Brilliant! I have never seen this technique before, and it seems easy enough to do. Looks like you need a lot of patience, tho! My whole head need this, and I will be trying it out because I have a lot of hairs that stick out from each section when rolled between the fingers. Thanks, Traycee, you're a doll for posting this great search and destroy method. Do you have help when doing the back sections? It seems like it would be harder to do, the further back on the head you go.

Thank goodness that e-mail was sent to you as a reminder to make this video. Brilliant! I have never seen this technique before, and it seems easy enough to do. Looks like you need a lot of patience, tho! My whole head need this, and I will be trying it out because I have a lot of hairs that stick out from each section when rolled between the fingers. Thanks, Traycee, you're a doll for posting this great search and destroy method. Do you have help when doing the back sections? It seems like it would be harder to do, the further back on the head you go.

Hey Stella....It does take patience...But I do small sections at a time...I just remember where I left off.Hahaha..My hair is thick lately its too hard for me to do ..

Before I got to bra strap...My Sister would sit on the couch and I would sit on the floor inbetween her legs and we would rotate doing each others hair while we watching a movie...My Husband helped a few times too..

Brastrap and beyond I was able to do all of my own hair because it was long enough reach in front of my face

:bighug:Thanks, you are truly appreciated. I've learned so much from you!!! This tutorial is right on time.

Back