As I Am Products

bI have been using the Coconut Cowash for two weeks and it has worked wonders in making my hair soft and manageable. I am 21 weeks post relaxer and it cleans my scalp and softens my new growth to the point where I can run my fingers through without snaggles:).

I saw it on sale and didn't get it. I'll def be going to get this now. Thanks.

I used the coconut cowash. It made my hair dry but it felt clean. I definitely need conditioning afterwards. The instructions dont say but do I leave it in or what? i left it in for about 8 mins then rinsed out. I like to give products a fair chance so I will use it again. I really like the smell and consistency. And no it did not detangle my hair at all. I most likely will not repurchase it.

I also have the smoothing gel and I like it. I rarely use it but it never made my hair crunchy and it smells really good. I would repurchase the gel.

I purchased the Cleansing Pudding and I believe it worked just fine. My hair had the same texture when I finished washing like it does when I wash my hair using Shikakai mixed with conditioner. I only wash my hair once a month so if it clarifies as it cleanses that's just great for me. I have to notice if it drys out my hair.

I've used the coonut cowash and it works well for my relaxed hair, but wonderful for DD natural hair.

I detangles with spritz of water while she watches tv or play ion her computer and it doesn't take as long as before and after washing I don't have to detanger again.

I only used it twice on DD's hair because the first time it help to detangle her hair that hasn't been washed in a month an that took almost 1/2 of the product then i used it on myself and DD again

her hair was hard the after washing last time but i think it was the pantene i tried in her hair for the first time, will repurchase to see how it goes but this is one of the cheaper things so i'm glad it's worked so far.

I am relaxed and I have tried 2 of their products.

Coconut Cowash - This left my hair so soft and clean that I went back and stocked up. I have added it to my "regi" and have used it for the last 4-5 washes as a shampoo. Doesnt strip and really helps with detangling.

CocoShea Spray Moisturizer - I bought this because it got such great reviews on Sallys website and because of the sale. Might as well have bought a bottle of milky water. Total waste of money. IMO. :nono:

bump, bump, bump it up!!

I bought the cowash today. I'd love to hear others' experiences and what your hair type is...

Diva_Esq, I plan on buying the co wash after work and will co wash tonight. I'll give my review tomorrow. I saw Mahoganycurls gave a review and I was sold.

Coconut cowash: Tried it twice. Cleaned but didn't like jar. Should be in a bottle with a pump. Still felt the need to follow up with regular sham and cond.

Hydration DC: love love love!. Wish this was in a bigger jar with more product. Got about 4 uses out of jar. Kept on for hours and made my hair super soft.

Leave in conditioner: detangled well. Made hair soft. >>>

Followed Leave in with double butter because I could tell I needed something heavier than just the leave in. Moisturizer is very creamy, heavy, thick, but won't weigh hair down. Works better in damp hair than dry hair (to me).

Twist defining cream seems to be the best I ever used. It's day five and my twists are still neat, not frizzy. Holds really well and didn't unravel. Used with other products and it wasn't product overload.

Curl clarity shampoo: does have a vitaminy/shea butter smell. Feels good while in hair/soft, but stripped when rinsing. Very watery and used a lot (half a bottle in one wash) :-/

My friend has a smoothing gel and loves it.

The coco spray (didn't try but opened bottle and looks like coconut milk mixed with water)

Will not repurchase co wash and shampoo.

LOVE: Double butter moisturizer, DC, and twist defining cream.

I tried the cleansing pudding (shampoo). Absolutely loved this product. It does not suds up like many shampoos BUT my hair was totally clean without feeling completely stripped. The only con in my mind was the fact that you have to dip this out instead of a pump of some sort. For those who are interested in the smell, it has a sweet, cake or dessert like scent which did not bother me (I am not sensitive).

I will definitely purchase again.

Coconut CoWash - Its my favorite cleansing conditioner. I can use it often without having it strip my hair. I do follow up with a conditioner, but I prefer this to using regular conditioner to cowash.

Smoothing Gel - It has a firm hold but it doesn't make your hair hard like a rock like other brands of gel. Its one of my favorite gels so far.

I bought the twist defining cream last week. I don't think I like it. I've done a braidout and a twistout with it. It definitely helps with hold and definition but i don't like the way my hair feels.

I think I'm going to try it one more time before I try to get rid of it.

I have the Coconut co-wash. It's just ok for my thick transitioning 4A hair, but it's wonderful for my daughters fine 3B natural hair. It's not moisturizing enough for me. I use VO5 moisture milk to add more moisture back into my hair. Will not re-purchase for myself, but maybe for my daughter.

My hairdressers daughter-in-law uses this line. She loves it! She went natural during her pregnancy and tried different things, but this she loves, he told me.

i purchased some products but haven't used anything yet. I'm still in love with my Shea Moisture and Miss Jessie's stuff.

I just repurchased the leave-in today. Want to retest it to make sure it works, now that my hair is improving. I like the gel as well. It's not sticky. Not sure if it will be my go to gel but for the price, it a least a good back-up.

I'm natural and use the coconut Cowash. It works great and is very moisturising. I just finished a jar but I won't be able to repurchase. I live in the Middle East and shipping costs a fortune :(. Tressemes natural is available locally and works just as well so I guess I'll have to live with that.

I've used the co-wash twice and I loved it! My scalp was clean and I was able to detangle due to the awesome slip.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I've only tried the co-wash and I didn't care for it. I found that it was a little drying, however I might have used to much.

I have used the cowash, clarifying shampoo and the hydration elation. I like all three. IMO the clarifier only works well when followed by the hydration elation. Otherwise my hair felt stripped and dry. There is plenty of cowash in the tub but my fav, the hydration elation, between my dd and I, we will use a whole tub in 2 washes. For the price, I think they should provide a larger tub, at least the size if the cowash. I do recommend though. And the hydration elation is a great dc!

I have been using the coconut cowash and i like it. It makes my hair soft and moisturized but doesnt make it mushy, plus it cleans my hair really good and paired with doing the CG method it feels like i shampoo'ed my hair without it feeling super stripped. I havnt tried any of their other products but i really like to coconut cowash , esp when i use eco styler.

I recently purchased the Coconut Cowash and have only used it once so far. My inital review of it is that it's the best cowash I have used so far. It cleaned my scalp well and didn't strip my hair plus it didn't take a whole ton of it to cover my hair like other cowashes have.

Purchased the coconut cowash and I have used it bout 4 or five times and I really like it.

My Fav from the line is the Cleansing Pudding & 2nd Runner up is the Cowash Conditioner *I've bought this several times* and would consider a Deep Cleansing treatment almost clarifying, because it definitely remove any/all buildup.

The Coconut Cowash was 2nd for me, because I have plenty 'other' Cowashing Conditioners that I personally like better.

First of all, why must all these new products designed for "natural" hair be so greasy? Shea Moisture, As I Am, etc...I hate that crap. Maybe I'm using too much because I can be heavy handed lol.

That As I Am co-wash dried my hair out like shampoo smh. I always have high hopes with all these new product lines but then I'm usually disappointed. I think I'm done being a PJ.

Back