Aryuvedic & Dr. Bronner's lovers!!

InNeedofHairapy

Dr. Bronner's has introduced shikaiki (sp) in it's products :grin:

Dr. Bronner's Web Store

spacer.gif
For our 60th anniversary, we are pleased to announce that our classic unsurpassed liquid and bar soaps are now certified not only under the USDA National Organic Program but also Fair Trade under IMO’s “Fair for Life” program. And there are two wonderful new scents: Rose and Citrus Orange. We are also pleased to introduce our new SHIKAKAI (”Shee-kah-kye”) line of elevated organic personal care products, proudly displaying USDA and Fair Trade seals, joining our USDA certified organic lip balms and lotions. Organic Shikakai comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree Acacia Concinna, and has been used in India for millenia as a gentle conditioning cleanser for both skin and hair.
http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SFNT.htm

since I don't know much about aryuvedic beauty and all that, I'm only shouting out the aryuvedic folks b/c I saw the shikaki and a lightbulb went off....

WHAT????!!!!! Thanks for the heads up. You should know better to announce something like that to PJ's!!!!!!!

*edited to say- I use Dr. Bronner's and ayuverdic stuff so this is a definite buy for me!

sorry, upon further inspection, there is just one hair product with shikaki...it's mostly shave gels and body soaps

The Citrus Conditioning Hair Rinse. It's $9.99
DESCRIPTION:
Our organic conditioning rinse is nourishing and effective without synthetic ingredients, and is certified by the same National Organic Program that certifies organic food. The USDA logo is your guarantee of organic integrity.

Organic Shikakai [“Shee-kah-kye”] powder comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree Acacia Concinna, and is widely used in India for soft shiny hair. Organic lemon juice, used traditionally in the west, rinses and tightens hair shafts for excellent manageability. Organic coconut, olive and hemp fatty acids moisturize for luxuriant hair.

INGREDIENTS:
Lemon Juice*, Acacia concinna (Shikakai) Nut Powder*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate (Saponified Organic Coconut Oil), Potassium Olivate (Saponified Organic Olive Oil), Glyceri

:scratchchSometime I feel like companies are undercover hairboard lurkers, because there has been way too many coincidences....:sekret:

Anyway, that sounds wonderful! I'm definitely going give it a try.

sorry, upon further inspection, there is just one hair product with shikaki...it's mostly shave gels and body soaps

The Citrus Conditioning Hair Rinse. It's $9.99
DESCRIPTION:
Our organic conditioning rinse is nourishing and effective without synthetic ingredients, and is certified by the same National Organic Program that certifies organic food. The USDA logo is your guarantee of organic integrity.

Organic Shikakai [“Shee-kah-kye”] powder comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree Acacia Concinna, and is widely used in India for soft shiny hair. Organic lemon juice, used traditionally in the west, rinses and tightens hair shafts for excellent manageability. Organic coconut, olive and hemp fatty acids moisturize for luxuriant hair.

INGREDIENTS:
Lemon Juice*, Acacia concinna (Shikakai) Nut Powder*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate (Saponified Organic Coconut Oil), Potassium Olivate (Saponified Organic Olive Oil), Glyceri

sounds a lot like my tea rinse ingredients... a lil pricey in comparison but ya cant put a price on convenience.... my only question is the strength/concentration of the ingredients... I mean a pinch of Shikakai in 12 oz of water wont do much

Number one ingredient in the lavendar shikakai shampoo is shikakai extract. That's gotta be a good thing, right?! :grin: I used this tonight and I heart it. :lick:

Back