Argon Oil???

MaryJane3000

So I have the One and Only Argon Oil from Sallys Beauty Supply and I like it alot. It really smoothes down my frizzies with ease, gives great shine and fragrance, and does a good job with sealing my hair. I also read somewhere that its considered to be an ayurvedic oil which is great because i want to start using it as such, the only thing is that I can't find just straight up argan oil to do a oil treatment with.

Everything I find is full of fillers and other fragrance and dyes. And the actual oil is like 6th on the lists. The expensive Moroccan Oil has the same ingredients as Sally's version so i'm not gonna spend more for it.

So does anyone use Argon oil? And if so how do you use it and more importantly which brand do you use?

THANKS LADIES! :yep:

I use the Sally kind; I like it. You might want to do a search on "argan oil;" there are a quite a few threads on it in this forum.

Yea i spelled it argan oil the first time but my spellcheck said it was wrong...ne-who the food grade argan oil isn't the same as the cosmetic grade, supposedly it loses a lot of its properties that make it good for your hair and skin.

I bought 8 oz form www.camdengrey.com for less than $17.00. Pure argan oil can also be purchased from New Directions at a reasonable price. Both locations have a per oz cost of less than the cone filled One and Only and Morrocanoil:yep:

I used the Sally version and found it to dry my hair too much for me as a daily sealer. My hair felt very coated after only a few days. If it works for you though that's great.

I just purchased the same kind you did from Sally's. I did a mini-test run of it the other day, but I won't know for sure if I like it until I use it on freshly washed hair. I also want to try it out when I flat iron my hair.

I just purchased the same kind you did from Sally's. I did a mini-test run of it the other day, but I won't know for sure if I like it until I use it on freshly washed hair. I also want to try it out when I flat iron my hair.

It's great for flat ironing. You'll love the shine and how soft your hair will feel afterwards. :grin:

Back