argon oil/morrocan oil anyone?

L.Brown1114

I saw some argon oil at sallys and the sales lady says its the same thing as morrocan oil and i gave her the side eye because i wasnt sure she was telling me the truth or just wanted me to buy it. i like the feel of it, its very silky. i bought the moisturizing shampoo but the oil itself idk what to do with it. do i seal with it everyday or is it better for wet hair after wash days or cowashes or do you just put it in your DC or prepoo or something??

I use the Sally's One n' Only brand and it's awesome! The info on Sally's website about this product says ,

Styling and Finishing: Distribute a small amount of oil evenly through clean, towel-dried hair; use heat to style. Distribute a small amount through dry hair to moisturize, reduce frizz and add instant shine.

Smoothing and Conditioning: Smoothes the hair instantly, leaving it revitalized with a healthy look and feel. Hydrates, protects, revives and detangles natural hair, wigs and extensions.

Color/Chemical Process: Prior to treatment massage a small amount of oil evenly into hair. Do not rinse. Then mix approximately 1/4 teaspoon of oil with the color, highlighting, straightening or relaxer solution and process as usual. One 'n Only Argan Oil increases absorption of product into hair for enhanced shine and depth of color.

I'm really curious about adding it to relaxer... I've been happy with my touch-ups and I'd hate to underprocess.

I use the Sally's One n' Only brand and it's awesome! The info on Sally's website about this product says ,

Styling and Finishing: Distribute a small amount of oil evenly through clean, towel-dried hair; use heat to style. Distribute a small amount through dry hair to moisturize, reduce frizz and add instant shine.

Smoothing and Conditioning: Smoothes the hair instantly, leaving it revitalized with a healthy look and feel. Hydrates, protects, revives and detangles natural hair, wigs and extensions.

Color/Chemical Process: Prior to treatment massage a small amount of oil evenly into hair. Do not rinse. Then mix approximately 1/4 teaspoon of oil with the color, highlighting, straightening or relaxer solution and process as usual. One 'n Only Argan Oil increases absorption of product into hair for enhanced shine and depth of color.

I'm really curious about adding it to relaxer... I've been happy with my touch-ups and I'd hate to underprocess.

CON has a new Relaxer with Argan oil added to, it has coconut oil too. I just used it last weekend, and I got great results! No underprocessed hair in the least- for the 1st time ever.

Yup Sally's Argan is the same as Moroccan oil except for like 1 ingredient that are switched. I use these coney oils as part of my oil blend to seal. Sometimes I will also add some to my DC's. I use the pure oil to "grease" my scalp, and it is the most sublime oil. Truly decadent, it feels like silk. I got the pure oil from Camden Grey.

Last edited:
I use the Sally's Argan oil line. I love it. I haven't incorporated it into my wet hair days but when I straighten my hair I wash/condition withthe shampoo/conditioner. Then I spray my hair with a heat protectant then I put the oil in and blow dry. Once im done with that I put a bit more oil in and flat iron. I've been straightening my hair for about 5 years now and this is by far the best combo I've found to give me the Salon look that doesn't expand or revert the minute I step outside. I still have some products to use up/sell/trade and once I do this will be my staples for straightening.

And when i finish some of the butters I already have I'm going to create a shea/aloe/Argan oil mix. Can't wait!

Hmmm I wonder if I can add the Argan Oil to my Miss Jesses. Hmmm

CON has a new Relaxer with Argan oil added to, it has coconut oil too. I just used it last weekend, and I got great results! No underprocessed hair in the least- for the 1st time ever.

Yup Sally's Argan is the same as Moroccan oil except for like 1 ingredient that are switched. I use these coney oils as part of my oil blend to seal. Sometimes I will also add some to my DC's. I use the pure oil to "grease" my scalp, and it is the most sublime oil. Truly decadent, it feels like silk. I got the pure oil from Camden Grey.

Thanks, I think I need to try the CON Argan relaxer...

Back